Advent Vega V2

Guest Jacobyte

• 3 months later...
Guest MikhailM

it's back again, what's paul know ;)

Check this site - http://www.myefox.co...let-pc-p-267397

Advent Vega v2 for 225 GBP with WIFI only and 275 GBP with 3G. New dock with speaker - 22 GBP. Screen 1280 x 800, Tegra 2, but with 1GB Ram, thinner (only 10.5 mm) and lighter - 600g. Description not clear as to whether it has a protective cover and whether it has 16GB flash memmory built in. Yes, and Honeycomb 3.2!

Edited by MikhailM

Guest IanTurner

Check this site - http://www.myefox.co...let-pc-p-267397

Advent Vega v2 for 225 GBP with WIFI only and 275 GBP with 3G. New dock with speaker - 22 GBP. Screen 1280 x 800, Tegra 2, but with 1GB Ram, thinner (only 10.5 mm) and lighter - 600g. Description not clear as to whether it has a protective cover and whether it has 16GB flash memmory built in. Yes, and Honeycomb 3.2!

Already a new thread on that. Also no announcement from Advent/PcWorld on a Vega 2 so as such it's still just a tegra2 based tablet with the option of 3G (£225 without on other sites) and no indication that it will be sold in this country

Guest MikhailM

Already a new thread on that. Also no announcement from Advent/PcWorld on a Vega 2 so as such it's still just a tegra2 based tablet with the option of 3G (£225 without on other sites) and no indication that it will be sold in this country

Yes, Ian, there is a new thread, but since it has been now renamed, it is vertually impossible for people to find it other than coming here and using the link in your post.

So, for those who have not yet found the other site, the MEFOX tablet may, or may not be the Vega 2, when Dixons eventually bring it out. We do not know, until it actually is announced and appears in the shops. It would seem to be identical to the Shuttle N10CN12 shown in spring at one of the international exhibitions. According to Newbe, who has been trying it, it does not actually have the Vegacomb 3.2 on it (as the resellers told me) but a beta version of Honeycomb. So I apologize for misleading anyone - I was making it clear, that that was the answer given t me by three of the resellers.

Guest IanTurner

As I observed on the other thread Advent wouldn't tolerate advanced notice of a product release by a third party and this is just some dodgy company attempting to attract additional search hits. Unless someone is prepared to purchase one on spec and give some definite opinions based on experience (Newbe5 isn't isn't absolutely sure of his identification) then it's speculation based on advertising that may be misleading.

As such does it merit any more attention than the plethora of other cheap clone tablets coming out of China and in particular promotion on a forum that is not a general android tablet discussion area ?

Mind you the interest on this forum should not be what will advent bring out next as that is the territory of brand name fanboys whereas the interest here should be who will bring out the next tablet with a decent spec at a decent price and the opportunity to stretch the functionality by dedicated enthusiasts. But that still places it in a more general android tablet forum discussion area

Aside from which Newbe5s first impressions weren't exactly encouraging.

Edited by IanTurner

Guest derffie

Meh, everybody needs to chill out, vega2 will only disapoint everyone.point blank. Untill our clever devs make it awesome. Thats all that anybody needs to know.