[Guide] de-bricking a ZTE Blade

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Guest somewhatdog

Mine doesn't even get to the big green droid, just pulses when I turn it on then maintains a black screen and solid red LED, any ideas?

Best guess - your screen is knackered...

Power-it-on and wait for 5 mins and then try to use it - e.g. unlock it and see if it pulses/reacts/makes any sounds...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest iArkAt8

after flashing cyanogen , my phone not have imei, i back to the stock rom now have imei.i need to flashing cyanogen any way to flashing cyanogen and have imei.

i have gen 2.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shad0wboss

apparently i can't find the offset 0x1215. I tried changing the partition through TPT but the phone didn't boot when i used the combination. I tried changing sd card and tried again but didn't work. I then used the windows method and ended by bricking my phone which was expected. And now i can't find the offset because i believe my IMEI is f***** up...What should i do now?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest obvious1

I wasn't sure whether to post this here...

I've got a 512mb v880 not a 128mb one.

I tried to repartition using gen2-v2a.zip TPT (160mb, 2mb, 279mb) but it went to a boot loop where the android logo jumps to the side and back repeatedly.

In the end I got it to boot by using the china unicom tpt but now have 256MB

How can I get my other 256MB back?

All ideas very welcome :)

Thanks

I've downloaded the windows flasher from the OP but really not sure what to flash with it? Maybe an alternative stock rom from somewhere?

Hi there. I bricked phone. I used the Method 5.I have gen2 so used Chinese software. Now I have only 256 ram. What do I do now? It happened after someone using this method?

Edited by MIKINO

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Askemann

SoftBank 003z (Japanese v880).

I tryed to recover phone by method 5

Log:

Current Version(bd_sw_inner_ver_str) : Phone in Download mode

Download Version : C:\ZTE Firmware Flasher\China Unicom v880 Firmware

Armprg path : C:\ZTE Firmware Flasher\armprgZTE.bin

2013.3.12 18:12:16ĐŽĐ„ĐŽĐ„Download armprg.bin...

2013.3.12 18:12:22ĐŽĐ„ĐŽĐ„skip to armprg...

2013.3.12 18:12:27ĐŽĐ„ĐŽĐ„enter security mode...

2013.3.12 18:12:27ĐŽĐ„ĐŽĐ„Download partition.mbn...

2013.3.12 18:12:27ĐŽĐ„ĐŽĐ„Download qcsblhd_cfgdataPath.mbn File...

2013.3.12 18:12:28ĐŽĐ„ĐŽĐ„Download OEM bootloader...

2013.3.12 18:12:29ĐŽĐ„ĐŽĐ„Download AMSS...

2013.3.12 18:12:52ЎЄЎЄЅУКХЦёБоі¬К±!

2013.3.12 18:13:2ĐŽĐ„ĐŽĐ„HSDLmainFunc ClosePacket Fail

2013.3.12 18:13:2ĐŽĐ„ĐŽĐ„Download fail, please check the log file to get fail information!

Do you have any ideas?

Please help me if you want.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have this problem: I have some kind of bootoop (photne is booting, booting and booting, but the bootanimation doesn't repeat (only the second part as normally)). But I can't enter recovery, TPT or fastboot mode (this problem I had also before i got bootloop) When the phone is booting, adb recognizes it, but I can't get su permissions, so typing "reboot recovery" doesn't work. Is there any other method how to enter recoery, TPT or fastboot? Thanks

• 2 months later...
Guest johnnyponny

I think my phone is semibricked. It all started with me flashing TPT for GEN2 (stock I think) for a GEN3. Then the bootloader green android and CWM recovery got garbled graphics. I proceeded to flash different TPTs for GEN2 and GEN3 and still garbled graphics. Then I ended with GEN2 and Swedish Snow. Now the radio works and and a press on the power button makes everything normal but at every boot the graphics are garbled. Now I'm wondering what this can be. Could it be NV memory fault, because I have only flashed from Linux and how should I proceed to fix it or is my phone safe for using? I can still access CWM recovery but my I need to take screenshots from adb and then press the buttons :P

Edited by johnnyponny

Guest TehStalker

I think my phone is semibricked. It all started with me flashing TPT for GEN2 (stock I think) for a GEN3. Then the bootloader green android and CWM recovery got garbled graphics. I proceeded to flash different TPTs for GEN2 and GEN3 and still garbled graphics. Then I ended with GEN2 and Swedish Snow. Now the radio works and and a press on the power button makes everything normal but at every boot the graphics are garbled. Now I'm wondering what this can be. Could it be NV memory fault, because I have only flashed from Linux and how should I proceed to fix it or is my phone safe for using? I can still access CWM recovery but my I need to take screenshots from adb and then press the buttons :P

Did the TPT actually re-partition the phone though? And if so, does the booted ROM display properly? I would personally be pretty happy then, since I could take a graphically broken boot and recovery if I could go from 160 to 310 mb /data... (Currently on stock GEN3)

In any case I think you can fix everything and return to completely stock by flashing the official ZTE 2.3 ROM from Windows.

EDIT: I restored the factory recovery and ran the TPT called "Gen 2 Moldovan Mile High Mountain Pie RLS9", it completed with an error, but actually booted up android. The screen was messed up, but turning it on and off again fixes it. So after more than a year with the shitty 160 mb /data GEN 3 layout my phone is now a GEN 2 and has a 311 mb /data partition! :ph34r: (And it actually IS a GEN 2 now since radio and everything works without flashing the usual gen3fix.zip)

EDIT 2: Using this package to take screenshots of the recovery I managed to (slowly) install a more up to date ROM, and it all works fine.

Edited by TehStalker

• 3 weeks later...
Guest laciegy

i wanted to made my gen2 to gen1 ( http://www.modaco.co...ra-via-windows/) and the flasher is stop at 10/100 and it said how doowngrade fail and since my phone dont turn on and if i put the charger it dont do anything. what can i do? and sorry my bad english

edit: if i put my phone to my computer it "zte handset diagnostic inteface (DFU) (COM3)"

Edited by laciegy

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest sverzA

Excuse me hedgepigdaniel, does the link reported on the first post on the way number 5

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m1wd4ktfkbd5amh

content the same applications and file as the one reported here

http://www.modaco.com/topic/337757-update-save-ur-bricked-v880-and-also-the-imei

?

The hotfile repository was closed, so is not possible to download the ZTE universal downloader toolset

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

My problem is pretty komplex.

Tried all of the methods, smaller problem exists.
It worked perfectly, it was running a cm7. One time I switced it off and it doesn't turn on. When i put it on charger the led lights up, ftm works, flashed a stock gen2 firmware on it ( because it is a gen2 blade), then tried to flash a tpt, but it does nothing. Then tried to restore the imei, but after a little bit of process it fails. Recovery doesn't work either.

• 3 weeks later...

Turned out it was the battery, but still got problems. Flashed a gen2 firmware on it. backed up the imei and it wasnt correct, so i restored it as written, but when i backed it up right after restoring, the imei was wrong again. The phone only boots into recovery, so it has a corrupt NV memory as it is written. Anyone could help me. I really dont want to change my phone.

• 1 month later...
Guest abarthman

I have somehow managed to soft brick (I think) my Blade when installing the latest CM11 ROM.

Not sure how, but it just won't boot.  I get the splash screen and then the arrow spins arount the  cyongen logo forever.

I have tried all the steps 1, 3 and 5 (CWM, TPT and dodgy) win in the first post of the thread and whilst allevery stage went smoothly, I still can't get it to boot.

I have tried various TPTs and ROMs and a different battery, but still nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I have to buy another Blade?

I have a Y300, but I prefer the Blade as my day-to-day phone due to its screen-size and I like trying out the the new ROMs.

Edited by abarthman

• 2 weeks later...
Guest abarthman

I have somehow managed to soft brick (I think) my Blade when installing the latest CM11 ROM.

Not sure how, but it just won't boot.  I get the splash screen and then the arrow spins arount the  cyongen logo forever.

I have tried all the steps 1, 3 and 5 (CWM, TPT and dodgy) win in the first post of the thread and whilst allevery stage went smoothly, I still can't get it to boot.

I have tried various TPTs and ROMs and a different battery, but still nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I have to buy another Blade?

I have a Y300, but I prefer the Blade as my day-to-day phone due to its screen-size and I like trying out the the new ROMs.

Gave up on my Blade and I bought myself another one on eBay.

It still had the original stock Orange ROM, so I TPT'd it and installed the latest Zeelog KitKat ROM and the very same thing happened!

I thought it was too much of a co-incidence for it to happen twice, so I tried booting my original Blade without a memory card inserted and it booted up!

Tried the same with the new Blade and it booted up fine, too.

I'm guessing that it was a faulty memory card all along.  It was the original 2 Gig card that came with the handset.  I had created a 1Gig partition a while ago.

Anyway, the new Blade seemed to have a slightly different coloured screen (creamy whites rather than blue-tinged whites), so I checked it under a jeweller's loupe and the pixels look different.  I think I bought an OLED Blade.

Edited by abarthman

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mishijack

i m too repent dear forum users. everything started beautifully. i decided to set my phone 4.1.2. i m using ZTE Blade 3. i downloaded "ClockworkBlade3.exe", "zte-blade-iii-drivers.exe" "cm-10-20130628-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip" and "gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip". then i connected phone in usb debugging mode and clockworkblade3 recognized the phone. phone restarted and showed cwm screen. while rooting was continuing i made a big mistake and ı started to install cm-10-20130628-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip, but clockworkblade3 finished its job and made restart phone while installing. i don't remember but probably i formatted also. from that time to this, i can't open cwm in phone or its own system. when i open it with volume up and power android system recovery <3e> opening but i stuck here. i can't install anything because of "E:failed to verify whole file signatur E:signature verification failed ınstallation aborted" error. there is no home button in this phone i can't open download mode etc. is there any solution for that.

I appreciate help all given already.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Palgab31

Hi all!

I hope someone read this post....

So i have a problem, i have a zte blade phone. Its work perfectly, but one day my friend overlocking the cpu freq... After it the phones reboot and the green logo shows on the screen, and reboot, and reboot ....

I hope i install the rom again and it work perfecetly...

I make the reinstall , but i have some problem.... i put gen 2 tpt to the phone , start it and the process done without errors, reboot the phone and i see cwm....

I copy cm 7 to the sd card, i do wipe and formating the cache and etc....

i choose install zip, and i choose the cm mod.... the install says me install complete from the sdcard without errors.

Ok i smile the phone works again, but when i reboot the system via cwm , the phone starting into cwm again, and dont boot the android....

I try some other roms but any roms what i install dont work the phone reboot into cwm always.....

Is there anyone who have idea to resolve this?

Thanks Palgab31

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest NAVEEN.VOLTS

HI Everyone i Have a problem with zte v987 is completely dead seems

i have used wrong recovery file to format . after that completely off  power button and recovery option also not appearing .

I have used sp flash tool to do this

any one can please help

thanks in advance

• 1 month later...