final answer on 850mhz 3g

Guest hecatae

Guest t0mm13b

proof:

taken from the LG P500 service manual here: http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP500/AVIVBK/1.0/EN_LG-P500_SVC_ENG_101008.pdf page 22 has a diagram of what this qualcomm chipset is capable of

So, what are you suggesting? That the gen2 stuff did not have any benefit at all? :blink: :huh:

Right, back to gen1, and use vmsplit2g :P

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Wow. That's complicated. Really interesting, thanks for posting that.

The diagram on page 22 Is a diagram of the whole radio design of the LG P500 from the MSM7227 to the antenna. It seems that the combination of the MSM7227, RTR6285, and SKY77544 is pretty standard. Looking at the specifications for all those chips however, they all support just about all the bands that exist. What I noticed was that there seems to be alot of more simple electronic amplification and filtering of signals done between the SKY77544 and the RTR6285, notably a duplexer specifically for W900 and W2100. So my conclusion is what I was leaning towards before - All the big chips support all the bands, but they need dedicated minor circuitry for them to actually work in a phone. So the Blade's main ICs (MSM7227, and potentially the same other ones as the P500), support HSUPA and all the 3g bands you can imagine, but the Blade only has the required circuitry to allow the chips to actually receive the signals in the bands it is designed for (UMTS900 and UMTS2100, or in the case of the Chinese version, (UMTS850 and UMTS2100). So those specs that say stuff like UMTS 900(850)/2100 probably mean its customised for 850/2100 or 900/2100 depending on its variant. The same may be true for HSUPA - alot of the transmitting and receiving circuitry seems to be quite seperate.

Anyway, I am totally out of my depth here. An interesting read anyway.

I wonder if we can get our hands on a similar document for the Blade?

Guest hecatae

SKY77195 supports UMTS900 and UMTS2100

SKY77193 is the other usual choice but not in depth on the manual

this does not stop a SKY77194 existing just I cant find any records.

The RTR6285 first synthesizer supports the first UMTS Band, and the second synthesizer supports all the relevant GSM bands plus the 2nd UMTS band.

there are also only two duplexers, one for UMTS900 and one for UMTS2100, a thrid duplexer would be needed for another UMTS band plus a third synthesizer.

There is also no mention of HSUPA, only a maximum 7.2 MBPs HSDPA