Mobile data connectivity issues, which radio

Guest Frank Sem-Jacobsen

Guest Frank Sem-Jacobsen

Hi guys (and girls),

I'm going slightly mad trying to figure out a stable setup for my O2X. I have been switching between the latest CM7 nightlies, and MoDaCo FR19. In general, CM7 gives me quite frequent black screens, and FR19 seems quite stable. However, there is one issue that is present in both ROMs.

I am unable to get a stable mobile data connection when I switch from WiFi. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. To get it to work again, it sometimes works to switch to 2G only (and possibly back again). I have tried several different radios recently: 218, 606, and 622, all with the appropriate RIL. The mobile data connection for 218 drops in and out at random without any clear pattern. For the other two radios switching on or off 2G only seems to achieve stable connection. However, it does not actually seem to affect whether I get a 3G or 2G signal. The display can say H or G, even when 2G only is checked.

To top everything off, the GPS does not seem to behave consistently for a all the different radio versions.

I guess that people have different experience with different radios, so which radio are the guys in Norway using? Do I really have to slog through every released radio and spend the day checking each one of them? Can I expect to find a radio/from combination that blacks to give me a stable GPS and mobile data connectivity, as well as good WiFi?

I know this has been discussed numerous times before, but people never seem to reach any conclusions. I'm just looking for advice on how to proceed to fix my problem.

Guest Altemir
I know this has been discussed numerous times before, but people never seem to reach any conclusions. I'm just looking for advice on how to proceed to fix my problem.

No solutions, only bugs: