Help Survey 3G in the UK

Guest Komatoes

Guest Komatoes

I would want to do this but apparently it uses a lot of data if your gps is off (!?)

My allowance is 3GB per month, and I never get near it, so it doesn't bother me. cool.gif If that is true I can understand people not doing it though.

Guest Atomix86

My allowance is 3GB per month, and I never get near it, so it doesn't bother me.

What network is that with? I wouldn't mind that sort of data lol

Guest nvkid909

lol I saw this, why bother? We all know there are places where signal is weak or non existent where it should be. We all know the networks' coverage maps are computer generated predictions which gloss over the weak spots. What we have in this country is greed - an unwillingness to invest heavily in upgrading infrastructure, but still charge us for the outdated service that we do use (when we can get signal).

I'm still hoping for a national grid style infrastucture that all networks use & we just choose an operator to do business with. Some networks have already merged & use the same infrastructure, I see this as an acknowledgement that they, grudgingly, accept coverage & service could be better if shared, across the country.

Other countries are getting 4g (mobile) while we are still having the 3g data network "carrot" dangled in front of us. Mobile computing might overtake LAN, we already use WiFi, so the operators NEED to catch up. They could use the old analogue TV spectrum, share infrastructure, put WiMax in towns & cities, have a national grid style network "one for all", & hook onto infrastructure such as motorways & railways.

Speaking of railways, I've been on trains with "enhanced T-mobile signal" - which is great, if you're with them. Understandibly you can't get signals in some remote areas, but on other train journeys I've found total black spots - this is in the Midlands, from London to Leicester!

We still need more infratsructure.