Seem to be stuck with 'de-oragned r8'.

Guest KazDub

Guest KazDub

As the title suggests, I can't get any other ROM to work on my phone (ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco), I'm stuck with the 'De-Oranged r8'. While it's fine at the moment, it has my head demented. My phone reboots itself about three to four times a day, which is bloody annoying.

I've tried to install Swedish and Portugese Springs, but I get 'androd.process.com' errors and the image is unusable. I had a look in my ROM Manager and found an option to download 'CyanogenMod', which I did. The image seemed to install perfectly and I didn't encounter the 'process.com' errors which I had with the Swedish and Portugese installs. That error occured straight after I'd SIM unlocked the phone. My delight was shortlived with CM7 though. All my apps and Market Place had vanished. I could see references to some of the apps that I'd previously downloaded in the file structure of the phone, but couldn't get them to come back. My 'Market Place' icon had vanished from the apps drawer, I ran a search on the phone for it but it came up blank. I browsed to the Market Place through the stock browser, I could see the list of all the apps that I'd previously installed, but couldn't re-install them as they all showed up as 'installed'.

If the phone wasn't rebooting so much I may be happy to stay on the current ROM, but as I keep reading about newer ones that have Flash enabled on them I'd really love to keep up with everyone else.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've posted a few times with related issues on my current ROM here and on other fora, but I haven't got any reply from anybody,....anywhere! If anyone here is feeling generous and can help me out I'd really appreciate it. The Blade seems like a really good little phone, all it needs is a proper ROM.

HELP!!

**apologies for the typo in the title, can't seem to edit it'**

Edited by KazDub

Guest flshg

You might be better off posting in this forum for ZTE Blade roms.

Its possible that the phone has hardware problems, irrespective of the roms, as it shouldnt reboot itself that often.

I have never tried rom manager myself, but perhaps you could try installing a rom manually, thereby making sure that its done properly, or at least identify where there might be problems.

I would recommend backing up whatever you still need (i.e. data on sdcard, contacts, sms) onto your computer, then perform a manual rom installation using one of the guides on these forums. A TPT installation is even easier, again there are guides to do this (its basically download a file onto phone sdcard, unzip, boot phone using vol+ and power, done).

• 4 weeks later...
Guest xbrenx

You might be better off posting in this forum for ZTE Blade roms.

Its possible that the phone has hardware problems, irrespective of the roms, as it shouldnt reboot itself that often.

I went through similar with my san francisco switching off and on a lot, it was happening virtually every half an hour and running the battery down so that it didn't even last a day sitting in my bag doing nothing and although Orange went through all sorts of things it turned out to be a hardware issue and they replaced the phone for me - that would depend how old your phone is though. If you're still having problems, give them a call :-)