20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mboisker

Don't select 'Fast' Windows Adnimations in Spare Parts or you won't see the effect...

P

Hi Paul

I am a user fro Indonesia. I've done tests on 2G/3G problem that can not connect to the Internet using gmail,talk,market,browser,sync,etc but i can connect internet using usb tether, and the conclusion is only happening on one Internet provider, namely Telkomsel. If using other providers, the Internet can work well.

but if using modaco fr19 with the Telkomsel internet provider, the result could go either Internet

Edited by mboisker

Guest Peterfdevries

Regular readers will know I like to give people 'something to play with for the weekend' and Gr1 prebake WILL be up by the weekend.

I've spent a lot of hours on this already but there's more to do... ;)

P

Wow, that's early! I can't wait, for the weekend to begin!

Almost forgot.... Paul, thanks for all the hard work you're putting on this, old chap! :D

Edited by Peterfdevries

Guest Ramdanih

Regular readers will know I like to give people 'something to play with for the weekend' and Gr1 prebake WILL be up by the weekend.

I've spent a lot of hours on this already but there's more to do... ;)

P

thx Paul for your great ROM ;)

Guest roanitas

No wifi, no data on build 19/07/11. :(

no issu on buil gr1 v1. :)

Y have flashed bb622and bb622 ginger.

Back toFR19 and my prefered bb606.

Guest Stevvie

Anybody else having problems downloading stuff of the market ?

I have market notification saying that there was an update for picasa tool, so I clicked update and it just sits there for over 15 minutes. I tried clearing the data for the market and the same thing. So I cleared the data for the market and tried to download something NEW (bubble pop) and that did the same thing.

This seems to be related to the NO 3G connection problem, If I untick and tick data enabled around 4-5 times then it seems to work just like the 3G will connect if I do the same.

Edited by Stevvie

Guest Robert Sydbrink

Have used the Gr1 as normal today. A little gaming, som facebook, some sms and phonecalls. When i check my battery usage it says my camera app have drained 39% :/ Havent taken any photos and i checked if it was running in the background somehow... but no.

Just me?

The battery drain doesnt seem high or anything. But just strange with the camera app on the top.

Edited by Robert Sydbrink

Guest fifi139

Hi Paul

I am a user fro Indonesia. I've done tests on 2G/3G problem that can not connect to the Internet using gmail,talk,market,browser,sync,etc but i can connect internet using usb tether, and the conclusion is only happening on one Internet provider, namely Telkomsel. If using other providers, the Internet can work well.

but if using modaco fr19 with the Telkomsel internet provider, the result could go either Internet

Hey, kayaknya yg jd masalah adl APN mu. Utk telkomsel coba cek APN nya. Kl gagal, factory reset. Ini pake Gr1? Kl iya, jgn lupa wipe cache & data/factory reset dan reflash.

English:

Looks like the problem is your APN setting. Ask telkomsel to provide you with correct APN. Or try factory reset. Do you use Gr1? If so, did u wipe all? Try reflash again after wiping cache and data/factory reset.

Guest vladimir jovanovic

Yeah same here something its draining battery very fast, but in general it works realy nice TNX Paul :)

Have used the Gr1 as normal today. A little gaming, som facebook, some sms and phonecalls. When i check my battery usage it says my camera app have drained 39% :/ Havent taken any photos and i checked if it was running in the background somehow... but no.

Just me?

The battery drain doesnt seem high or anything. But just strange with the camera app on the top.

Guest marc1974

I initially had good battery life, but have noticed a big difference being away from WiFi more so than normal. I get random processes reporting big battery drain when I haven't even opened the application for example music 15% and gallery 15%. I really like this ROM but I'm going to give FR19 a go until gb is more stable.

No battery issues here. I am on GR Baseband. 10 hours moderated use of wifi/gps/bt email surfing and angrybirds :)

Edit:

Still have 63% battery

Edit

Paul you are the best.

Edited by aaww

Guest stuartrace

Hmm I think I've found a small bug with switching between 2G and 3G networks - when switching between the two, after doing so data doesn't work, and the G or 3G/H doesn't appear until disabling data (as in Wireless & network settings -> Mobile networks -> Data enabled tickbox).

Another bug which i'm not sure is down to the ROM or not is that the application 'BT Fon', which automatically logs into BT Fon hotspots to create a kinda VPN doesn't work on GR1 (and has previously on all the FR builds and CM7), it is unable to login.

Guest mankian

Don't really want to make the jump to gingerbread yet as it sounds really flakey. I do keep having a problem with Fr19 on BB 0622 with aeroplane mode (sometimes it freezes on) - I was just wondering would the GB version of the 0622 baseband work on Fr19??

Hmm I think I've found a small bug with switching between 2G and 3G networks - when switching between the two, after doing so data doesn't work, and the G or 3G/H doesn't appear until disabling data (as in Wireless & network settings -> Mobile networks -> Data enabled tickbox).

Another bug which i'm not sure is down to the ROM or not is that the application 'BT Fon', which automatically logs into BT Fon hotspots to create a kinda VPN doesn't work on GR1 (and has previously on all the FR builds and CM7), it is unable to login.

It was mentioned before in the thread.

I will test later today and update.

cheers.

Don't really want to make the jump to gingerbread yet as it sounds really flakey. I do keep having a problem with Fr19 on BB 0622 with aeroplane mode (sometimes it freezes on) - I was just wondering would the GB version of the 0622 baseband work on Fr19??

the Gr RIL is different from the froyo RIL. I dont see why yould you even try the GR baseband on a froyo.

It is flakey because it is in its diapers :) cant expect a work in progress to be completion right ?!

I think it is stable enough to play around with.

cheers.

Guest Diskbox

Can someone link me the leaked baseband/ril for gr1 please? Stuck at work and don't think my proxy server is refreshing properly. Half my sites are out of date! mad.gif

Guest casper326

Forgot that EXT4 is not yet supported.

Thanks!

I think that it's not EXT4 problem.

everytime I try to reboot. I also get a black screen after the LG logo. And need to reflash again.

I have make a testing and try to reboot 5 times...

The result is.... I need to reflash 5 times....

Guest Peterfdevries

@diskbox, I think that the right RIL is implemented in the GR1-rom (correct me of I'm wrong Paul), the baseband is foundation at the basebandtopic :)

Guest roanitas

No wifi, no data on build 19/07/11. :(

no issu on buil gr1 v1. :)

Y have flashed bb622and bb622 ginger.

Back toFR19 and my prefered bb606.

Hi Paul. I have rebuild and this solved. :)