20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest eViLsTieFel

By the way, GetRIL tells me the included RIL is the one from V20O. Maybe it is identical to the one from V20L, but then again, why does it have a different list entry for that one?

Point is, I thought the RIL from V20L was included.

I just can't get a reliable BB/RIL combination. The only way I can be sure I turn on my phone, and have the radio initialise, is to reflash the ROM! I've tried the GB and Froyo 0725 BBs, and a multitude of RILs with each (thank goodness for GetRil!).

Does anyone else in the UK have this issue / suggestion of a pairing I should try?

TIA!

Guest SuperSkill

My home button is no more working.... Going to read 145 pages back in order to see if someone else have the same problem >sigh<

Yeah, aren't you motivating?, Gr6 is only ten pages, your problem has been solved for loads of roms in the xda forums but now you can read it just above herelaugh.gif

Guest lap33733

Try 725 bb for gr5(from the dedicated thread) with Europe,open V20o that comes with gr6. Works grate for me.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

This is the combination not working with my network.

Guest Cameron Eldridge

Hi All,

So does anyone else find the LG home launcher to be really slow and buggy in this release? I find almost every time I go back to the home screen it has to re-load itself (or do something that takes as long as it does to reload itself). Not sure if I should just bite the bullet and switch over to a different launcher, I quite like the LG widgets and their app drawer especially though. huh.gif

Download links are back.

Removed owain's scripts from the kitchen until I can research more.

P

So after baking another ROM without owain's scripts I'm finding a much more stable system. Just in case anyone was playing along at home! smile.gif

Guest kuronow

My BB/RIL also crash, i had a p990h i upgraded to V20a, wich is GB for the P990h, and also had a data conection in the toggle buttons instead of the screen rotation, well anyways, im trying another ril right now, and seems to be ok, but wont be sure until a few more days, Regars.

My BB/RIL also crash, i had a p990h i upgraded to V20a, wich is GB for the P990h, and also had a data conection in the toggle buttons instead of the screen rotation, well anyways, im trying another ril right now, and seems to be ok, but wont be sure until a few more days, Regars.

I have been on BB and RIL 218 after trying out a CM7 ROM, and I have had no network problems since restoring my nandroid. I used to lose the 3G data connection with any of the gingerbread BB+RIL combinations. Maybe newest isn't necessarily the best!

Guest Basil 123

@Paul - as above apparently v20Q is out. Any bugfixes or useful stuff in it for another Modaco custom kitchen before ICS finally gets in?

Cheers

Baz

I'll look into the Q kernel, asking my source if he can get me the Q ROM!

P

Thank you, Paul (the legend) Obrien :)

No I am not kissing ass, just want to show my appreciation for the hard work.

Its not easy to do what you do, creating roms and kernels for many devices at the same time, managing the community, amoung other things like answering email,twitter.... working and having time for your family.

I have nothing but Respect to you and your work, even if you are doing it for someone eases Device!

Edited by aaww

Guest Skull_NL

Hey all, i have been using fr19 because stock based gingerbread roms just give too much problems. I have the latest cm7 kang release flashed last week. This rom just flies i can heavenly recommend it to anyone. Even with baseband 622 i have no problems whatsoever.

Just wanted to let you guys now, incredible how much faster this phone is.

Edited by Skull_NL

Guys, im interested in Paul's new kernel with this GR6.. what files i need to grab else than "boot.img"? the whole "init.d"? what other files in "bin", "lib", etc..

Guest Basil 123

Paul, the first custom ROM based on v20Q has been released on XDA. Any update on a MCR Kitchen release of v20Q please?

Thank you for all your hard work

Baz