20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest homerjsim

I had your issue also. To me it was caused by recovering a backup from TB where the phone/sms/apn was included. As soon as i restored that my phone would hang an verifying sim forever.

Yes, I think that might be the problem. I flashed the rom again and restored only a few apps including settings. The error is gone for now. Thank you.

Guest Kawazzzzzz

init.d support is in Gr1... so you could try the script and see what you think?

P

Hi,

I've try it. And it's fast !

But....

Gr1 is fast even without... so i've not seen any difference ! :lol:

This ROM is definitively the most reactive I've tried even without this patch.

Yes, I think that might be the problem. I flashed the rom again and restored only a few apps including settings. The error is gone for now. Thank you.

Hum... I've restored phone, sms, wifi and bluetooth with Titanium from FR19 to GR1 without any problem.

In Titanium there's an option called "System data migration" or something like that (I'm French and the option is "Migrer données système") wich try to keep database structure between different roms. This option is just before the freeze settings in the menu.

In my case this option is active. Perhaps you can try it ?

Kawaz.

Edited by Kawazzzzzz

Guest kickasskev

So paul now the G2x is out do you think it will be worth pulling anything out of it to aid towards an even more stable GB??? B)

The prebake is now online! :)

Thanks for your ongoing support via MoDaCo Ad Free / Plus... Gr2 test kitchen will open Monday with further enhancements to follow (i'll be fully dissecting the G2X update). :)

P

Guest dangelo.davide

The prebake is now online! :)

Thanks for your ongoing support via MoDaCo Ad Free / Plus... Gr2 test kitchen will open Monday with further enhancements to follow (i'll be fully dissecting the G2X update). :)

P

GREAT PAUL U ARE A SWISS WATCH

PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

Edited by dangelo.davide

GREAT PAUL U ARE A SWISS WATCH

PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

Any enhanced of the calls quality? Mine is awfull and really worst than my old HTC Hero.

Guest kickasskev

Are CM7 kernels incompatible with Gr?

Thanks Paul for your hard work!

No CM7 or any other kernel are compatable, untill some are made by the devs

Guest abwyatt

I have a strange issue with the taskbar network icons displaying the wrong network type. If GSM/WCDMA Auto detect is set in Network Mode, the wrong network icons are displayed. When on a 3G connection, the 2G icons (G or E) are displayed. When 3G is not available and it switches to 2G, the 3G icons (3G or H) will be displayed. :blink:

I am using the Gingerbread theme (without music controls). I suspect that there is something amiss with the network icons in the theme because the problem has only appeared since I cooked in the gingerbread theme, but cannot be certain that I have something else in my install affecting the icons such as the baseband. Have tried a few basebands (including 622 GR and non-GR), but that does not seem to be the problem.

Would appreciate it if someone running with the gingerbread theme can confirm whether their network icons are displaying correctly.

An easy way to test this is to set Network Mode to WCDMA Only (3G), and then to observe what network icons are displaying. On my install the 2G icons appear.

Thanks.

EDIT UPDATE: Solved the problem. I may have mixed up my 622 basebands since they both have the same file name, but I reinstalled the 622 Gingerbread baseband and now the correct network icons are displaying when the data network changes. Have no idea about the inner workings of the gingerbread theme and its connection to the baseband, but maybe that is why there is a gingerbread 622 baseband. So if you go with the gingerbread theme, you may need to use the 622 gingerbread baseband to have the correct data network icons showing.

UPDATE 2: Problem not fixed. The wrong network icons are displaying again. No idea why it is so flaky. Anyone else?

Edited by abwyatt

The reason the Gingerbread theme is default is because, in the leak, the stock LG theme isn't finished correctly! I said it was a ropey leak. ;)

P

Guest andrew.matten

so i installed the rom and after the lg screen it comes up as a black screen and nothing else happens just stay on the black screen

I tried flashing the gingerbread baseband and still the same thing. can someone please help

EDIT: forgot to convert back to EXT3. got it to boot

Edited by andrew.matten

Guest Reckoner123

Three time may be BsoD, but only restart ... don't know why !!!! what the badword up ?

I would recommend people dont charge using powered plugs, I have charged via USB for weeks not had a single shut off, soon as I think its ok and buy a new charger.. shutdown 3 times in an hour.

Edited by Reckoner123

Guest Jocke45

I tried flashing this yesterday but when i enter my pin it just says “unlocking sim-card“ and the loading icon spins around without anything more happening. so I tried with no sim and it started up as it should and ran flawless for maybe 10 seconds then the LG.phone crashes and keeps crashing everytime i press forceclose the notification keeps popping up.. I came from Fr 19 and did a complete wipe in cmw before installing, what to do?

Btw thanks for your awesome work Paul!

Guest abwyatt

I would recommend people dont charge using powered plugs, I have charged via USB for weeks not had a single shut off, soon as I think its ok and buy a new charger.. shutdown 3 times in an hour.

IMHO, if people are still suffering from BSOD and reboots when using FR18b3, FR19 or GR1, I think you have a hardware problem and should send it in for a warranty claim. I had occasional BSODs and reboots from stock and occasionally on MCR right up to FR18b2. These BSODs and reboots completely disappeared after FR18b3 for me. The phone has been absolutely stable since then no matter what I throw at it! This includes the charging hardware. I have 4 different charging sources/locations including; 2 USB cables - one used with my laptop and one permanently attached to my desktop; the original charger located next to my bed; and a no-name brand charger located in my living room. Oh, and I also use a PowerMonkey portable battery charger and two spare eBay batteries to swap in and out when on the road. That should tell you that I don't spare my batteries and the mobile is in almost constant use for both work and play. :P No reboots, and none of the chargers have caused BSODs since FR18b3.

I know no one wants such bad news, and I guess that is why some people are still hoping that Gingerbread will solve the BSOD and reboot problems, but I am skeptical. Since there are lots of users using the current ROMs (and all types of chargers) without problems, then it must be something other than the ROM or charger causing the problem. Anyway, truly hope I am wrong.

Guest abwyatt

Is the kitchen down ? Cannot get it to cook the rom i have made. Get an error page instead ?

Just hit the gas here and its burning ;)

Guest homerjsim

I tried flashing this yesterday but when i enter my pin it just says “unlocking sim-card“ and the loading icon spins around without anything more happening. so I tried with no sim and it started up as it should and ran flawless for maybe 10 seconds then the LG.phone crashes and keeps crashing everytime i press forceclose the notification keeps popping up.. I came from Fr 19 and did a complete wipe in cmw before installing, what to do?

Btw thanks for your awesome work Paul!

I had the same problem. One of the following things solved my problem. I can't say what exactly did the trick because I tried them all at once:

- Install 0622 Baseband GINGERBREAD Version

- Bake rom again with default options or use Prebake => Flash it.

- DO NOT Restore a TitaniumBackup or at lease be very carefull, what applications and settings you restore.

My O2X is running smoothly sfor over 24h now. I encountered no crashes since then.

hope that helps.

Edited by homerjsim

Guest Reckoner123

IMHO, if people are still suffering from BSOD and reboots when using FR18b3, FR19 or GR1, I think you have a hardware problem and should send it in for a warranty claim. I had occasional BSODs and reboots from stock and occasionally on MCR right up to FR18b2. These BSODs and reboots completely disappeared after FR18b3 for me. The phone has been absolutely stable since then no matter what I throw at it! This includes the charging hardware. I have 4 different charging sources/locations including; 2 USB cables - one used with my laptop and one permanently attached to my desktop; the original charger located next to my bed; and a no-name brand charger located in my living room. Oh, and I also use a PowerMonkey portable battery charger and two spare eBay batteries to swap in and out when on the road. That should tell you that I don't spare my batteries and the mobile is in almost constant use for both work and play. :P No reboots, and none of the chargers have caused BSODs since FR18b3.

I know no one wants such bad news, and I guess that is why some people are still hoping that Gingerbread will solve the BSOD and reboot problems, but I am skeptical. Since there are lots of users using the current ROMs (and all types of chargers) without problems, then it must be something other than the ROM or charger causing the problem. Anyway, truly hope I am wrong.

Totally agree, there's clearly a hardware issue... but what Im saying is if you want to avoid the issue, dont use wall chargers. I used to have BSOD every day when I got the device, less and less through the FR series... then nothing as long as I charge via USB, which i usually do anyway :)