20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest frantic777

Not true, see my post above.... he is waiting for his source to send him the O2X updated ROM

Hope you're right, but anyway according his profile he is on SGS II forum :-)

Here in italy someone say to have rtm firmware 21f but with bootloader locked from lg. They've tried gingerbreak, superoneclick but nothing.... Can someone (paulllllll) help to make a nandroid backup???? Thx a lot

Edited by orlroc

Guest Dzhedaj

Here in italy someone say to have rtm firmware 21f but with bootloader locked from lg. They've tried gingerbreak, superoneclick but nothing.... Can someone (paulllllll) help to make a nandroid backup???? Thx a lot

I think that someone on XDA managed to root the SU660 (Korean P990) via NVFlash only (and not SuperOneClick or Gingerbreak). But I don't really know all the details...

Guest ethansp

PAUL! what can share with us? Any news?

In xda is sharing some info "Hell_97". The version he going to share is V21F with kernel 2.6.39.2 GRJ22 (2.3.4 gingerbread)

Im so anxious... xD

PAUL! what can share with us? Any news?

In xda is sharing some info "Hell_97". The version he going to share is V21F with kernel 2.6.39.2 GRJ22 (2.3.4 gingerbread)

Im so anxious... xD

so, what's the improvement about the updated Kernel?

Guest Magmar100

Maybe he‘s still working on a new gr3 or fr20? Or he is waiting for the answer of his source? I hope he‘ll present a new rom in a few days.

Edited by Magmar100

Guest Almahadeus

Am I missing something or does it not appear that there are plenty newer versions (than what is released on here) of these things floating about on XDA forums and the likes and in other countries? What is so special about what the so called 'source'?

Guest Anil K Solanki

i think he has stopped his support for the p990

Hi, Paul has quite clearly stated his support for the P990. It seems you need your ROM fix right this minute, do yourself a favour & learn to be patient.

Anil.

Guest Anil K Solanki

Am I missing something or does it not appear that there are plenty newer versions (than what is released on here) of these things floating about on XDA forums and the likes and in other countries? What is so special about what the so called 'source'?

Hi, I'm afraid you are missing something. Paul is waiting for the "kernel" "source code", without which his ROM would simply be a hack-job. Which is what the other ROM's you have mentioned are. Highly admirable, but hacks with their inherent limitations. Google "source code", avoding any links to the film with that title. You may learn something, and at the very least kill some time.

Anil.

Edited by Anil K Solanki

Guest CopEater

Hi, Paul has quite clearly stated his support for the P990. It seems you need your ROM fix right this minute, do yourself a favour & learn to be patient.

Anil.

i dont need any fix....but as u can see, is his last work here on p990 nearly 1,5 month ago.

Guest frantic777

Anil.

I saw that over last week Paul was working on SGSII, he has no more interest to support O2X. If he will release Gr3 and Fr20 - it is luck for us.

Guest lap33733

This kind of pressure isn't the best approach. I have been a rom developer in old windows mobile days, so I know what I'm talking about. Leave Paul alone, the first opportunity he will post updates.

This kind of pressure isn't the best approach. I have been a rom developer in old windows mobile days, so I know what I'm talking about. Leave Paul alone, the first opportunity he will post updates.

Exactly. Plus do not forget what`s stated on first page

"By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!)."

Come on just wait. If not here in modaco we will have nice custom rom on xda once gb has been released what should happen hopefully in september.