20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Unfortunately, CM7 is not very stable for me. I find the device powered off very often while charging it with the wall charger. I have this theory that it happens more frequently when I plug it to the charger with the screen on. It seems that if I power off the screen manually after plugging it, it helps a lot. Anyway, that's just probably my imagination :)

I'm back to fr19 (mostly because of the bad sound quality on the other end of conversations on CM7) and waiting patiently for Paul's update on GB...

Edited by dros74

Guest Anil K Solanki

Anil you are forgetting something... we refer bb on last three digits which are month and date, 725 is 25th july. Check your last three digits of your BB. Hope it helps.

Hi bhanvadia, you will have to forgive me, I'm a base band virgin. :)

screenshot-1316165041827_6cec.gif

Using the date, my base band is 405.

Anil.

Edited by Anil K Solanki

Guest Anil K Solanki

Yep, that's 405 alright. Pretty old now.

I'm using 823 on my own kang of CM.

Hi Rusty, I was hoping you would post a reply. I'll bite, my phone works great, WiFi, GPS, phone calls etc. So what's the benefit of installing a newer base band?

My apologies for the noob type question, but my research has simply uncovered people talking about how to update the base band, not much, if any, talk of the improvements it brings.

Anil.

To be honest, it seems to vary from user to user, some report better battery life, better call quality, better reception etc, others report the opposite.

I have used some basebands with pretty poor voice quality though. I always flash the newest to test, because I am a version whore :lol:

Guest Anil K Solanki

To be honest, it seems to vary from user to user, some report better battery life, better call quality, better reception etc, others report the opposite.

I have used some basebands with pretty poor voice quality though. I always flash the newest to test, because I am a version whore :lol:

Cool, I will stay where I am. I'm aversion whore too. But on so many other platforms I simply don't have time to whore for my phone. :)

Thanks. Anil.

Guest Basil 123

Wow, reactions seems to be great. I am really looking forward to see Pauls magic on it and then try it myself as GR3 :D :-)

+1

Had a bit of a rough time with the 823 BB and this ROM cooked up in the excellent kitchen. Dunno what it was but every time I used a good CWM recovery to backup the ROM, the BB broke - no network or battery status. Formatted everything except the kitchen sink, smartflashed several times. Worked for one day and then had a missed call with the button alert and found it bust again.

Finally downgraded to the recommended 622BB and it seems to be ok for now.Survived a CWM recovery backup. Fingers crossed. Hope that it's not the phone itself...

Really looking forward to the GR3 Paul. Thanks for all your hard work, sure you're slaving away at readying it.

This should cheer everyone up :)

http://bit.ly/qf5RhN

@PaulOBrien]

A message to all my Optimus 2X using followers - i'll be working on the MCR update this week - it'll be based on the Gingerbread release.

The question is, what gingerbread release? V20e from this week?

Guest smileyguy666

The question is, what gingerbread release? V20e from this week?

I am reading this like gingerbread release = LG final gingerbread before release.

Or is it just me ?

Guest Trym Hansen

I am reading this like gingerbread release = LG final gingerbread before release.

Or is it just me ?

That's how I understand the post as well, if it was a beta-leak he'd have said so. AND... (I'm the author of LG RIL Version) today I got a report of a new ril for version 20g.

::Trym

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest fattymcdirty

Is bluetooth with A2DP working with this GB ROM? I'm currently using MIUI 1.9.16 and was wondering, why Bluetooth with A2DP isn't working...

If it does in your ROM, it should in MIUI, too, shouldn't it?

EDIT: And IF ith's working - is there a way to copy some files to MIUI over from this ROM? As they're both GB 2.3.5...?!

Any1 able to assist?

Edited by fattymcdirty

Guest crazy_elmo

mh.. why not? what's neccessary to fix it? since it's both gb 2.3.5 it shouldn't be THAT different...?!

As far as i know it's driver related, and since they don't have the LG source files, they won't be able to do anything about it.

Correct me if i'm wrong ;-)

Guest fattymcdirty

well.. what do you mean with "driver related" - if it was that way, i could simply copy the neccessary driver-files from the GR2 rom into mine... correct me if I'M wrong ;)

if so - i just have to know which drivers are responsible for it ;)

Guest fattymcdirty

mh.. i don't quite understand that - if it's well working in THIS (GR2) ROM - why shouldn't it be working in other GB-based roms? my guess is, that you would just need the modules used in this GR2 rom... if not - why IS it actually working in this GR2 ROM...? magic? ;)

Still no Paul??

I think the SAUCE in pauls SOURCE must or ran out, over a month now :(

Hope he aint forgotten about use :P

This is from his Twitter yesterday:

A message to all my Optimus 2X using followers - i'll be working on the MCR update this week - it'll be based on the Gingerbread release.

Guest kickasskev

This is from his Twitter yesterday:

It must be the 20e he's on about