20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest hackworks

Hang and FC doing what? I am running r23 EXT3 and the camera app is working OK?

P

When I try to go to settings or select any onscreen option like flash... It freezes and causes an FC

Paul,

all SU660 firmwares (froyo and gingerbread) have an official ability to record calls from the line. Is there any chance of porting this feature to P990 firmware?

And please make statusbar clock smaller.

Edited by 4pda

Sorry mate, don't want to be rude but... you're sooo funny with the "eternal ROM" quest ;) You are right on one thing, everything is very hectic with the O2x.. as we say in France... "Que la force soit avec toi!"

I am from China and hope to gain eternal ROM

Baking some GR3+725 BB awesomeness.

Hope it is better than my Fr19+ 622 BB (that froyo 622 bb was Honorable for me, my phone loosing reception all the time).

Thank you for the grate work Paul.

Wish I could help you with something, at least a cup of tea, but it will be cold and bitter by the time FEDEX or DHL will deliver it to you from the north of Sweden.

How about a beer next time I am in UK ? (I work in IBM staines from time to time and can hop on a train).

You need to take a brake mate!

Guest fabarati

Paul, I just have to say thanks one more time. My phone is really awesome now. Really, really awesome. Especially with all the mods available.

But the main thing is GR3. I'm so glad I got an ad-free account, if just to support you.

Hmmmmm

To flash now or wait a bit longer until you release another changelog with stock gb. damn it's tempting.....

:D

Still working away on the GB stock theme, then I can start putting prebakes up I think!

P

Guest bhanvadia

:D

Still working away on the GB stock theme, then I can start putting prebakes up I think!

P

So other than that, is all finished and stable, I was waiting for bit stable thing, mostly bug free (one or two bugs here and there is ok :D)

Nah, a few bugettes sure, but good enough for a prebake. Need to get a prebake of some sort up before too long because of the kitchen hating trolls (sad but true).

P

can you publish some Troll IP addresses, so they can be "Untrolled" away from the kitchen ? biggrin.gif

Yeah, time for a prebake! Topogigi will only release his next ROM after you make the prebake version. And I would like to test both, don't know which is better!

PS.: Paul, I sent you a message. Hope you can help me.

Thanks

Guest SuperSkill

Hi Paul.

Amazing work you`re doing here.......just one detail. I have had som trouble installing fr19(both vanilla and kitchen, but not FearKill`s rom). They wont boot(I always wipe). Is it because I havent flashed the baseband before the rom, or doesn`t it matter. Another question is how can I set Rom manager to use the external SD. For some reason(loads of flashing from rom to rom trying to find the ultimate one for me) it has changed from saving to externeal sd to the internal sd. Thanks in advance and we all looking forward to your next release. By the way, after installing gr3 Lg has an update, if installing this will it wipe the phone completely again and what update is it??

Thanks again :)))))

Guest eagle1977

For those who have GPS PROBLEMS:

Go into the hidden menu (1809#*990#) - GPS Test - Get Position and DELETE AIDING DATA.

Then Start and wait till you get a position. Go back and for me its working fine.

Maybe it helps also 4 others

just a small feedback after one day of use : work perfect for me no bug at all ( just data arrows flashing some times but not a problem :P ) and great battery life

What Base band do you use and what kernel ?

thank you.

Edited by aaww

Changelog

30 Sep 17:30

• Added Gingerbread stock theme to the kitchen

Bug: after reboot the status bar is flat (totally black), but after call it having gradient.

And I fixed some xml's for Gingerbread stock theme

res/drawable/progress_horizontal.xml - for orange progress bar

res/layout/preference.xml, res/layout/preference_child.xml, res/layout/preference_information.xml - for grey color of small text in preferences.

fixed_xml.zip

Edited by wfd