20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest SuperSkill

Hi guys,

Is this rom ext3 or ext4?

And i'm currently running FR19, does anyone remember if that was 3 or 4? or is there a way to check?

Cheers

Try terminal emulator type mount and enter...look for ext in the text...

Guest Peterfdevries

Hi Paul!

Great that you've put us up with another update. It works great,except for this. I can't get into the musicapp nor can I play songs on YouTube (via app and via browser).

Anyone else got this problem?

Did a full wipe before installing.

My bad, I froze smartshare wink.gif

Grtz

Edited by Peterfdevries

Guest Kawazzzzzz

Eeekk. can anyone help - think i've screwed my phone up.....

Just tried to install Gr4 and all seemed to go well except when I reboot it, the white LG logo screen comes up, then the LG logo and the Modaco logo together... then it just keeps flashing between the LG logo screen and a black screen like its in a boot loop......

I pulled the battery and tried to boot back into CWM but I just get the S/W Upgrade Please Wait while upgrading..." screen...

Anyone help a man in desperate need please????

Seems you have released the volume key too soon.

You have to press it until recovery appears.

Good luck ;-)

Guest Basil 123

working well with HP RC1 and V6 supercharger script.

Paul, dunno if it's right but took the framework-res and UI files from your Gr3 and used the UOT kitchen to make a flashable zip - just HAD to have the green toggle buttons in the various menus.... Seems to be working normally...

Just cant see the regular cyan-blue tickboxes.....

Cheers

Baz

Guest gk141054

Seems you have released the volume key too soon.

You have to press it until recovery appears.

Good luck ;-)

Hi mate,

Thanks for the help but I am keeping the down volume key pressed permanantly but the Updating Software screen always comes up no matter how long I hold it.

Managed to get back to stock using NV Flash but the only way I can get into CWM now is using rom manager, the power and volume down way just always gets me to the the updating software screen now.

Any ideas?

Guest gk141054

Right guys, i'm back up and running thankfully...

To save everyone else spending the 5 hours I have just spent screwing up their phone, the prebake is EXT3!!! So convert before flashing.

Paul, I love your work man, but could you advise in future if the roms are ext3 or 4 with default kernel please, pretty please :)

Anyway, having got the rom installed, my home button doesn't seem to work. Anyone else got that?

Guest SnowmanDK

First impression:

Still quick, and much more memory friendly than 20i.

I can't get system info (com.android.phone crashes).

Also, I can't sync the calendar (might be a google calendar error).

Everything else seems fine for now.

You are the undisputed king of o2x Paul ;-)

UPDATE: I have discovered that the Google Stock calendar is not installed.

I even baked twice to make sure. A bug in the bakery?

CORRECTION: The Stock calendar IS included. It just crashes...

UPDATE 2: Created a new rom with the LG calendar instead of the Stock.

Calendar functions now works.

So it seems it's the Stock calendar that's bugged.

A wipe didn't solve the system info crash.

Edited by SnowmanDK

i'm running gr4 from kitchen and for now is running great.

I had also problems with system info but a wipe solved it.

With MCR kernel EXT4 i'm having the already known touchscreen's bug on the extreme right of display.

HorsePower kernel solved this.

Good job Paul.

Guest roanitas

i'm running gr4 from kitchen and for now is running great.

I had also problems with system info but a wipe solved it.

With MCR kernel EXT4 i'm having the already known touchscreen's bug on the extreme right of display.

HorsePower kernel solved this.

Good job Paul.

Hello. Same, solved this with neoblaze 29.09.2011 from Imperticus ;)

Odexme not compatible (no convert after reboot) on v20j but work fine on v20i !? and you ?

Thx Paul

Edited by roanitas

Guest Senri Shiki
Use either the 725 Gingerbread baseband ...

*snip*

The file linked here is dated 8 august, shouldn't this be 802? What RIL is included in this ROM? If GetRIL says it doesn't match(using the linked 802 BB) which RIL should I download? I'm from singapore.

Thanks.

Edited by Senri Shiki

Guest gk141054

Having had the rom installed since 10:30 pm yesterday so about 10 hours, the "On-Screen Phone" is top of the battery meter at 49%.

Anyone else had this? I don't even use it so is it safe to uninstall it?

Guest Tsaglis

Having had the rom installed since 10:30 pm yesterday so about 10 hours, the "On-Screen Phone" is top of the battery meter at 49%.

Yes, you can either freeze it (my recommendation) or you can uninstall it. No danger there

Guest Peterfdevries

Hi mate,

Thanks for the help but I am keeping the down volume key pressed permanantly but the Updating Software screen always comes up no matter how long I hold it.

Managed to get back to stock using NV Flash but the only way I can get into CWM now is using rom manager, the power and volume down way just always gets me to the the updating software screen now.

Any ideas?

The mistake you are making is pulling out the battery. You can pull it out, but when you try to start your phone it should be back in. Also the phone does not need to be connected.

Follow the next steps:

- Put the battery in.

- Leave the phone unplugged from your computer.

- Push the powerbutton together with the 'volume lower-button'.

- Hold them until the lg-logo changes.

- Quick after you release them you should be into CMW.

Should work :)

Guest Peterfdevries

Had this too, even tough I froze it. Try a battery calibration and see what happends after that. I switch to neoblaze, not sure if that helped.

Grtz

No new prebake today as yesterday's updates were only market downloadable components. Better stuff coming today. ;)

re: onscreenphone, I bake without that package generally!

P

No new prebake today as yesterday's updates were only market downloadable components. Better stuff coming today. ;)

re: onscreenphone, I bake without that package generally!

P

When I first got my O2X onscreenphone was eating the battery and is the main reason I got into the fabulous kitchens here! As far as I can see the only solution is to freeze it, or bake a tasty ROM without it. Does anyone around here actually use it?

Guest Sheppie

Is there a way to get rid of those annoying music controls in the status bar. I've baked a rom without the music player but the controlls keep showing up. Is there a way around this?

Hi mate,

Any ideas?

here : https://market.android.com/details?id=com.maxisma.lgo2xreboot&feature=search_result this one is free

it will solve your problem.

or you can buy Paul's and support the Modaco community : https://market.android.com/details?id=com.modaco.twoxrecoveryboot&feature=search_result

enjoy.

Changelog

14 Oct 11:25

• Added stock and gingerbread theme options (including clock size fix, transparent pulldown and more)
  • Removed OTA update client (memory saving)
  • Fixed init.d not processing correctly in stock kernel boot.img