20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest kickasskev

have you removed the software update client on this ????

Also I have just downloaded a fresh bake and there is no keyboard on it, or have I just missed it out on the bake????? :rolleyes:

Edited by kickasskev

have you removed the software update client on this ????

Also I have just downloaded a fresh bake and there is no keyboard on it, or have I just missed it out on the bake????? :rolleyes:

No, I haven't yet, it's on the list. ;)

re: the Keyboard, there are two in the kitchen, I guess you skipped both. :P

P

Guest moonie17

Must say that this is one nippy ROM! extremely impressed :)

Only issue ive encountered so far is the battery issue that everyone else is having!

Guest bhanvadia

Paul, what about native Gingerbread voip, which always is found in call settings, but it is not in this ROM, can you look into it?

Guest Coilfan

Think i have read all posts, but didn't find anything about GPS problems?

My GPS seems to be turned on, but the indicator ain't activating, and it can't find my position in ex. weather app.

My GPS reception is very bad compared to Fr19. Didn't fix within 30 secs. I reverted to Fr19.

Thanx for the effort though, a great Alpha release!

Guest roanitas

Busy working on the 'stock Gingerbread theme'... nearly done now. :)

P

It's a good news. Thank the lot. Y have tested any Baseband. M'y prefered 606 no drain and quick fix gps. Sorry for my english.

Edited by roanitas

My GPS reception is very bad compared to Fr19. Didn't fix within 30 secs. I reverted to Fr19.

Thanx for the effort though, a great Alpha release!

first time fixation always takes longer.

Guest gensplejs

So here goes.

1. GREAT WORK PAUL!

2. COME ON FFS LG!!!!! :-)

problem 1.

wimp is broken again. it was broken in the original euro open rom on my phone but was fixed in the first OTA. As far as i remember it was a codec issue. Wimp uses HE-AAC at 64 kbit/s for streaming or the AAC at 256 kbit/s when selecting high qualety. both drm protected.

problem 2.

endomodo and several other sports trackers loose GPS fix some time after screen turns off.

This used to be an issue too in CM7.1 before arcee fixed it.

According to commit 98e48691 from frameworks/base ("GpsLocationProvider:optimize wake lock usage"), from Gingerbread onwards it is the HAL's

responsibility to hold wakelocks when active.

Since all GPS libraries wrapped here are Froyo or older (and didn't have

wakelock callbacks at all), they'll all need to have the wakelocks

triggered by this wrapper.

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,6582

So it seems LG ran into the same problem cuz they decided to do frankenbuild in based on froyo kernel... well... if LG does not want to do the work with a new kernel they could at least kang some bug fixes from CM?

Guest Coilfan

first time fixation always takes longer.

Not with Fr19 it doesn't, at least not as long. Check yourself. It is also typical CM7 behaviour.

Edited by Coilfan

Guest achim w.

Hi Paul,

1st of all: Thank you very much for all the work you're doing.

Then there are few points I observed when playing around with GR1:

1st - to get the system running I had to do a complete wipe (even though I came from FR19) - that is just a note to all those not sure if they have to do a wipe or not - so no problem here :-)

2nd - Neither musicplayer (both players, LG and Stock player) nor the videoplayer works. The music seems to play but no sound is coming. The videoplayer FCs.

3rd - when setting the incoming calls sound I heard sound but when going back to the settings after playing around with music player no sound anymore.

Otherwise the system seems really sleek and fun to work with. Even better then FR19 and this already was an enhancement coming from stock rom

Please do keep up with your valuable work!!!!

Best

achim

Edited by achim w.

Guest Reckoner123

Great rom Paul once again, I went from FR18 to GR1 nice and smooth.

The only issue im having is using the Android keyboard in 'landscape', it feels like the bottom half of the spacebar doesnt respond.. so im pressing spacebar and half the time its not hitting. Anyone else getting this?

Guest Stevvie

done another reboot and lost 3G again. any news on a fix for this yet ?

I think i've found a work around, you have to untick and retich 'Data enabled' a few times then it comes back to life.

Edited by Stevvie

Guest t.sjostrom

Hi,

I flashed this firmware, but the phone refuses to boot up

The LG logo is first shown for a couple of seconds, after that I only see a black screen but with backlight lit, and if I touch the screen the backlight of the touch buttons light up

Initially I thought I was to impatient when I waited for the de-odexed to finish

But now I have waited over an hour, and it has never taken that long before...

I have tried to download a cooked rom three times, and tried to reflash about 5 times, everytime with the same result...

I also tried the gingerbread baseband, but no change...

Same problem with and without wipe

Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

I went from FR19 (beta) so I dont have EXT4

Guest vladimir jovanovic

Hello wierd issues you guys got, i been playing with GR1 for few hours now and i cant find a single issue , GR1 works like a charm here for me , the only thing that i realy dont care about that i could se that is not working is IMDB widget but that is all, so thank you so much for hard work Paul

Hi Paul,

1st of all: Thank you very much for all the work you're doing.

Then there are few points I observed when playing around with GR1:

1st - to get the system running I had to do a complete wipe (even though I came from FR19) - that is just a note to all those not sure if they have to do a wipe or not - so no problem here :-)

2nd - Neither musicplayer (both players, LG and Stock player) nor the videoplayer works. The music seems to play but no sound is coming. The videoplayer FCs.

3rd - when setting the incoming calls sound I heard sound but when going back to the settings after playing around with music player no sound anymore.

Otherwise the system seems really sleek and fun to work with. Even better then FR19 and this already was an enhancement coming from stock rom

Please do keep up with your valuable work!!!!

Best

achim

Guest kakemanx

Just to say thanks ALOT, and my experiences so far.. :)

- Battery reporting... strange (at best ;-) But clearly You know this and are working on it

- Wifi not connecting when 3G is active. Connects when 2G is active, but no signal in notification bar (only dark grey), no internet etc

- Batterylife so far.. Been traveling from Norway to Scotland today, therefor i turned of the phone for appx. 2 hours.. also 3G has been disabled half the day due to me not using data over roaming anyway :)

11 hours 45 min, light use.. 2 short calls, some emails, 15 SMS, and thats about it... down to 50% so not to bad actually :) (if not the battery is reporting wrong % that is... ;) )

BB 622 (NOT the GB one)

Thanks again Paul :)

If only the wifi where working, this ROM would be even more awsome! :D

Edited by kakemanx

Guest abwyatt

Great job Paul!

After a day of testing, my own conclusion is that GR1 is already usable as an everyday ROM. The bugs are quite minor so far. Feels very stable and have experienced no FC, reboots or BSOD.

All major functionality is working; WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Video Call, Camera, DLNA, Tethering, and so on.

My own findings of minor faults are:

1. You already reported that the 3G Video Call image is shown in landscape orientation. Hope you can fix this, but the other problem is that the screen does not stay awake during a video call. Hope you can look into that.

2. Unfortunately the bluetooth voice-call remote activation functionality is still not implemented by LG. Very disappointing as it is the only bluetooth functionality missing in the O2X. Would have thought that LG would have fixed it in Gingerbread. Samsung and HTC have had it working since Froyo 2.2, but not LG.

Regarding improvements or LG fixes that I have seen:

1. Gallery image pinch zoom is fixed now in the LG Gallery.

2. Others already reported that the lock screen lag is fixed - confirmed.

3. Market install lag is also fixed now.

4. Yes, it feels very fast and fluid. Using Go Launcher Ex. Apps are launching much quicker as has been reported by others.

Your to do list: :P

1. When you have time, please look into disabling that darn video camera sound :angry:

All for now.

Edited by abwyatt

Guest abwyatt

Changelog

19 Jul 15:20

• Added 'CRT effect' on screen off (stock and Gingerbread themes)

Woo hoo! ... a gimmick of course, but we all love gimmicks, right? :P

Very cool!!! It now matches the CRT effect that I have set in Go Launcher Ex application tray B)

Edited by abwyatt

Guest aledand

I have had a look through the thread, and I seem to be getting some problems with GR1 which I cant see anyone else having

I was on fr19 before, did a full wipe before flash.

I get loads of process.google.com close messages. If I clear one, I get another within a few seconds.

I reflashed, a new rom, and it did the same.

I have deselected most of the lg apps from the kitchen, and tried to make it as vanilla as possible.

For now I have gone back to FR19

Hi there

i`d the same flash GB baseband solved the issue

10X Paul

Guest ralli1300

Hi Paul,

the Weather-Widget displays the date 20-07-2011 MI. - it uses not the settings made in general settings. Furthermore the Weather-widget can't be interrupted while it displays the animation after unlocking the phone. At last the location finding (searching too) is useless if you aren't in a bigger town.

The CRT-effect is great :-).

Edited by ralli1300

Guest okdac

Hi Paul,

As always, you've provided us with a first class ROM !! Thanks.

Speaking about the WiFi : I've been able to connect yesterday at home to my personal WiFi (WAP 2 secured), but at work, today, no way. I can browse the SSID, even connect to, but it fails reaching the authentication web page (no problem on my professional HTC Desire.)

Weird isn't it ?

Many thanks again. You're #1, for sure !!

Okdac