20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul, thank you so much for this tremendous build! I've had this phone for almost five months now -running various ROMS- and for the first time this phone feels like a dual-core smartphone! Fantastic work.

I baked selecting mostly the Google apps, am using the stock kernel, and have flashed the 725 baseband. The phone is ultra-snappy and smooth and boots in just over 15 seconds from the MoDaCo splash screen. Wifi and 3g performance seems good, and I'm getting a pretty quick lock on GPS. In short, a pleasure to use.

The one thing I can't get my head around -and I've seen posts here which seem related- are the mounting issues with the external SD card. I have Rusty's CWM 5.0.2.6 recovery flashed onto the external SD card and backup and flash by powering the phone down then accessing recovery with <power> + <vol-down>.

If I reboot from recovery the external SD card is not mounted by the system; if I power down, however, and then switch the phone back on the SD card is mounted normally.

With the Reboot to Recovery apk that is optional with your ROM I can reboot to recovery -Rusty's CWM-based 5.0.2.6- but it will not mount the SD card.

Can you offer any guidance?

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Paul, thank you so much for this tremendous build! I've had this phone for almost five months now -running various ROMS- and for the first time this phone feels like a dual-core smartphone! Fantastic work.

I baked selecting mostly the Google apps, am using the stock kernel, and have flashed the 725 baseband. The phone is ultra-snappy and smooth and boots in just over 15 seconds from the MoDaCo splash screen. Wifi and 3g performance seems good, and I'm getting a pretty quick lock on GPS. In short, a pleasure to use.

The one thing I can't get my head around -and I've seen posts here which seem related- are the mounting issues with the external SD card. I have Rusty's CWM 5.0.2.6 recovery flashed onto the external SD card and backup and flash by powering the phone down then accessing recovery with <power> + <vol-down>.

If I reboot from recovery the external SD card is not mounted by the system; if I power down, however, and then switch the phone back on the SD card is mounted normally.

With the Reboot to Recovery apk that is optional with your ROM I can reboot to recovery -Rusty's CWM-based 5.0.2.6- but it will not mount the SD card.

Can you offer any guidance?

Thanks again for all your hard work.

That sounds really bizarre.

The microSD is behaving as expected here I think..? So if you reboot using my app to recovery it can't mount the SD card? That is definitely weird, if you do 'adb shell mount /sdcard' what error comes up?

P

That sounds really bizarre.

The microSD is behaving as expected here I think..? So if you reboot using my app to recovery it can't mount the SD card? That is definitely weird, if you do 'adb shell mount /sdcard' what error comes up?

P

At what point do I try to mount the SD card via ADB?

EDIT

trying to mount it while in your recovery gives the error <mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 on /sdcard failed: No such file or directory>

EDIT

but the SD card which can't be mounted in recovery is mounted when I reboot...

Edited by @dap

Extreme edition options as follows:

Core

Google Applications:

Car Home

GMail

LatinIME

Launcher

Lockscreen

Maps

Music

News and Weather

Quick Search Box

SIM Toolkit

Talk (with voice / video)

Voice Search

YouTube

LG Applications:

Alarm Clock

Calculator

Calendar

Desk Clock

FM Radio

Fonts

Gallery

LG Keybaord

Live Wallpapers

Memo

Mirror

Music

Screen Capture

Smartshare

Video

Voice Recorder

Widgets

Third Party Applications:

Adobe Flash Player

Polaris Office

MoDaCo Applications:

Odex Me

MoDaCo Additions:

Market Access

Spare Parts

Titanium Backup

Toggle 2G

Additional Application Markets:

Amazon Appstore

GetJar

SlideMe Ã…pplication Manager

Expert Optoins:

Hidden Menu / Testing

Silent Camcorder

Test GPS Fix

Use Patched SQLite Library

Themes:

Gingerbread Stock Theme - No Music Controls or Toggle Buttons

Guest c.joenie

Hi Paul,

coming from GR3 with neoblaze kernel.

I made a full wipe and install GR4 (last release kitchen) --> loop boot also :huh:

do you have the right Ext-filesystem version?

OK, flashed this and it all works fine, which suggests there's a file system problem on your device or some sort of recovery issue?

You could try using 'backtoext3' then try again?

P

of course I do it now

Put on Extreme pre-bake after doing backtoext3. Everything seems fine but home button isn't working..... Anyone else get this?

That can sometimes happen if you don't finish the setup wizard apparently?

P

It would have been grate if the touch key brightness was controlled from the screen brightness option so that the levels are the same.

Hope LG or Paul all mighty or someone will make it happen.

its time to bake :)

Edited by aaww

Guest brunoli
I'm on Ext4...

Do I need to choose your ext4 kernel in kitchen and AFTER re-install the neoblaze ?

It's ok now when doing this.

Just one thing : home button is not working.

to Paul : does I need to still make a wipe and execute setup wizard or is there another way ?

Edited by brunoli