20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

help i have backed a gr5 rom. wiped cache factory reset and dalwik cache. it installs fine but i do not have phone or contacts on my phone now. anyone now a solution .

Update! :)

P

Changelog

11 Nov 12:30

• Fixed permissions on Touch Keys kernel file
  • Removed 'battery full' popup
  • Removed OnScreenPhone settings from Settings app if not selected in kitchen
  • Removed OTA update client (memory saving)
  • Fixed init.d not processing correctly in stock kernel boot.img
  • Fixed dalvik-cache delete in boot image with third party kernels
  • Updated Google and third party components to the latest releases
  • Fixed missing init.d dir (causing non boot with non stock kernel)
  • Added pull-down transparency

Guest lipobay

Hi Paul and LG 2x'ers

Android ROM virgin needing quick bit of advise.

Have been on Froyo stock ROM since purchased phone back in March.

Phone details as follows:

Baseband - 1035.21_20110218

Kernel - 2.6.32.9-dirty

Bulid Number - FRG83G

LGE Version - LGP990-V10b

How best to get this updated to GR5 with as much LG badness removed as possible, only thing have found useful is the OnScreenPhone app to connect via HDMI.

On daily basis I use :- GO Launcher, GO Dialer, Android messaging system.

Following clean full battery powerup I kill Running services:- CarHome, LG Weather Widget, OnscreenPhone as find they sap battery.

I use 'Toolkit' Task manager by Matthieu Guenebaud to disable running apps that I dont want killing battery power even though have Background Data, Mobile Data, etc.. turned off. I then click on 'Fast Reboot' app to reboot remaining services on phone. These two steps I do religiously before putting my phone on standby for any large amount of time. Doing this I have found am able to keep battery running quite well.

Anyhow, please advise an Android ROM virgin on how best to get Gingerbread ROM goodness on my phone - does it come with all the phone firmware/radio fixes etc..? Is it ext3?

Note: This is my first Android phone, having been Windows Mobile fanboy for some time -- not want to go to 'brickland' with this phone, lol :)

Am willing to add my views on the differences I see between this and LG original Froyo ROM -- so see me as a good 'Scientific Control Experiment' Lol :)

Help much appreciated !

P.S. - Have paid for Modaco Ad Free Memebership -- MODACO ROCKS!!

Guest fabarati

So I have a tiny problem: I can't get Back-to-EXT3 to actually convert back to ext3. I'm now stuck in a bootloop. Any other way to convert?

Edited by fabarati

"Fixed dalvik-cache delete in boot image with third party kernels"

Enough for me :) installing this today.

Thanks Paul!

So full wipe or not if on GR4?

Recommended.

P

Guest fabarati

Ok, couldn't get BackToExrt3 to work, so I NVflashed, rooted and CWM'd my phone. Wiped data, cache and dalvik, flashed the ROM and now it's stuck on the LG screen with the loading bar. How long should I wait before calling it a failure?

Hi Paul and LG 2x'ers

Anyhow, please advise an Android ROM virgin on how best to get Gingerbread ROM goodness on my phone - does it come with all the phone firmware/radio fixes etc..? Is it ext3?

Note: This is my first Android phone, having been Windows Mobile fanboy for some time -- not want to go to 'brickland' with this phone, lol :)

!

Please read the other newbie questions topic someone else started. It's still on page one. I answered almost all questions there, I was also new until 3 days ago :)

And you can never brick the phone, it can always be reflashed with Nvflash (unless of course you overclock, overheat and physically destroy something).

Guest crazy_elmo

Ok, couldn't get BackToExrt3 to work, so I NVflashed, rooted and CWM'd my phone. Wiped data, cache and dalvik, flashed the ROM and now it's stuck on the LG screen with the loading bar. How long should I wait before calling it a failure?

Same problem here, and not even coming from Extr4, did a full wipe, wiped cache, dalvik cache etc. But stuck on the same boot screen, tried a diifferent Rom, no problems...

Guest missury

Same problem here, and not even coming from Extr4, did a full wipe, wiped cache, dalvik cache etc. But stuck on the same boot screen, tried a diifferent Rom, no problems...

same prob =(

Guest fabarati

Getting stuck at LG loading bar at boot with 11/11 Gr5. Tried full wipe, back to ext3 and flashed again. Did not help.

Back to 11/10 Gr5 update.

I went back to Gr4. Don't have the time to fix troubleshoot tonight.

I had the same problem. Flashing Horse Power SR1 helped in my case.

Guest Sheppie

Great job paul, thnx for the hard work :).

While it may not be very high on your list, i realy want to remove the music statusbar from the theme without having to leave the music player in the custom rom. So the option bake your rom without music toggle would be great

but i can live with it ... for now ;)

Hi Paul,

+1

Stuck on the LG progression bar too.

Wiped, back to ext3 (r2), baked gr5, flashed...

Gonna try with HP SR1 to see if it helps.

Thanks anyway for the huge job.

Edit : It did, indeed...

Edited by okdac