zKernel for TripNMiUI "Iris" 0.9.5 Gingerbread??

Guest jdelmejor

Guest andrewddickey

Hi, how I can install the kernel "2.6.29-zKernel-14072011"?

I'm in "Iris TripNMiUI-0.9.5".

Sorry, I'm Spanish.

Gonna have to do a bit of trial-and-error because Trip doesn't support custom kernels.

Just a warning....don't ask for help if you encounter bugs or FCs or WOLDs......someone is bound to yell at you.

Guest 9Lukas5

Hi buddy,

install this one via recovery. If you haven't used any custom kernel yet on this rom you haven't to do anything else, it brings all required files for booting custom kernel with it.

2.6.29_zkernel_0507_modDK_v01-X_GB+FreeXperiaRecovery.zip

P.S: It's based on zKernel aRecovery.zip 05072011 (instead 14072011 which you asked for)

Edit: Here is the 14072011 Kernel you asked for, also as full install

2.6.29_zKernel-14072011+FreeXperiaRecovery.zip

Regards,

L

Edited by 9Lukas5

Guest jdelmejor

You can try:

http://forum.xda-dev...3&postcount=339

or

http://forum.xda-dev...664&postcount=1

Please only give feedback of bugs, FC's, and WOLDs on those threads as Trip does not support custom kernels.

It is not working. when installed in mobile settings is the original kernel. (the standard).

Thanks.

Hi buddy,

install this one via recovery. If you haven't used any custom kernel yet on this rom you haven't to do anything else, it brings all required files for booting custom kernel with it.

2.6.29_zkernel_0507_modDK_v01-X_GB+FreeXperiaRecovery.zip

P.S: It's based on zKernel aRecovery.zip 05072011 (instead 14072011 which you asked for)

Edit: Here is the 14072011 Kernel you asked for, also as full install

2.6.29_zKernel-14072011+FreeXperiaRecovery.zip

Regards,

L

thanks buddy! I am installing it to see if it works

Where did you find this kernel? xda?

EDIT: It is work perfectly.

Regards!!

Edited by jdelmejor

Guest geggi

i tested the two links of 9Lukas5

the overclocking works but the frames are not uncapped. about 33fps in quadrant

btw its all the same with all other kernels since 0.9.5

Guest 9Lukas5

i tested the two links of 9Lukas5

the overclocking works but the frames are not uncapped. about 33fps in quadrant

btw its all the same with all other kernels since 0.9.5

I'm getting ~47Fps, you have to install a zip called Fps fix.zip for gb roms. Wait I'll upload it and post link.

Edit: Here's the link. Flash it via recovery like the kernel zips I posted and you'll get ~47 Fps

FPS_Fix.zip

Regards,

L

Edited by 9Lukas5

Guest geggi

I'm getting ~47Fps, you have to install a zip called Fps fix.zip for gb roms. Wait I'll upload it and post link.

Edit: Here's the link. Flash it via recovery like the kernel zips I posted and you'll get ~47 Fps

FPS_Fix.zip

Regards,

L

Ahhh i didnt know that! Totally new for me. Thx very much! now everything is fine for me :)

Guest festa20

Trip has used GB gralloc in this new release which is why we use the ''fps_fix''

it isn't really a fix as such all it does is replace the GB gralloc with Froyo gralloc which give us fps 54 on average whereas GB gralloc gives 32 just more of a constant 32 which is relatively smooth

Just letting ppl know :)

Regards

Guest jdelmejor

The candidate gets onehundred points! ;)

hello, I do not understand your answer. where you found the kernel you gave me? Explain please. The zkernel you gave me DOES NOT WI-FI. Can you help? Regards.

Guest 9Lukas5

hello, I do not understand your answer. where you found the kernel you gave me? Explain please. The zkernel you gave me DOES NOT WI-FI. Can you help? Regards.

no, atm not, I'm going to eat now s.th.

I'm searching for it later.

Guest 9Lukas5

Ok thanks. I will wait.

greetings.

ok, here's the link for the v2 version from dooms mod, but have tried it yet, wifi isn't working in 0.9.5 tripnmiui. I changed to cobratos miui there this kernel is working perfectly (also wifi is working), cause with cobratos I can use 2.1.67 bb again instead of 65. (I have an x10i, not a, and 65 is for a and I think that there is my problem).

2.6.29_zKernel_0507_modDK_v02-X_GB_miui+FreeXperiaRecovery.zip

If you are interested in, here's the link to the thread: [ROM][07-16] Miui 1.7.15 (Gingerbread 2.3.4) on zKernel/bb67

You'll only recognize it in the settings that it isn't tripnmiui, cause you can apply another theme like me, or copy the tripnmiui theme to your sdcard and apply it on cobratos rom and you'll won't recognize any differrence.

Regards,

L

Guest jdelmejor

ok, here's the link for the v2 version from dooms mod, but have tried it yet, wifi isn't working in 0.9.5 tripnmiui. I changed to cobratos miui there this kernel is working perfectly (also wifi is working), cause with cobratos I can use 2.1.67 bb again instead of 65. (I have an x10i, not a, and 65 is for a and I think that there is my problem).

2.6.29_zKernel_0507_modDK_v02-X_GB_miui+FreeXperiaRecovery.zip

If you are interested in, here's the link to the thread: [ROM][07-16] Miui 1.7.15 (Gingerbread 2.3.4) on zKernel/bb67

You'll only recognize it in the settings that it isn't tripnmiui, cause you can apply another theme like me, or copy the tripnmiui theme to your sdcard and apply it on cobratos rom and you'll won't recognize any differrence.

Regards,

L

OK, but how do you make the complete kernel? because i always find the kernel incomplete.

I always find the files "boot.img" and "wifi module" but never coplete. How do you do?

Thanks.

Edited by jdelmejor

Guest 9Lukas5

OK, but how do you make the complete kernel? because i always find the kernel incomplete.

I always find the files "boot.img" and "wifi module" but never coplete. How do you do?

Thanks.

I only put them into flashable zips. the kernel itself isn't compiled from me. The kernel is in the file boot.img, and the required wifi driver for each kernel in the file wifi.ko/ar6000.ko The only thing I make is, to put them all into one file, cause it doesn't make that much confusion.

Regards,

L

Guest jdelmejor

I only put them into flashable zips. the kernel itself isn't compiled from me. The kernel is in the file boot.img, and the required wifi driver for each kernel in the file wifi.ko/ar6000.ko The only thing I make is, to put them all into one file, cause it doesn't make that much confusion.

Regards,

L

OK, as you do exactly?

Regards.