Vol-down stuck on, phone unusable.

Guest mcnob

Guest mcnob

Phone seemed fine until earlier when the volume just decided to go right down and it started vibrating. I restarted it and now I'm stuck at recovery as the volume rocker seems to be stuck from the inside. The rocker switch seems to work ok but it's as if the volume is stuck in the down position so that whenever I get into the recovery menu, the cursor just goes loopy as if the vol down is being held.

Has anyone heard of such a thing before and recovered from it or is it a warranty repair job?

Also, any tips on how to RUU the handset in this state?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Guest bpivk

What you're describing seems like an issue with the button not the rom itself so you should get it fixed or try dislodging the button yourself (if the module isn't broken which could very well be the case).

Guest mcnob

Never said anything about the rom. It's obviously a hardware issue. I'm just hoping someone had something simulate and somehow solved it themselves.

Regards.

Guest bpivk

We probably misunderstood each other then. :)

You can't solve it yourself if it's under warranty because the only option is either pressing the button really hard or banging it on the desk. :) Both options are bad so you should get it fixed. Search a little for a proper RUU.

BTW does the button still move in clockwork if you press the up button? Or does it stop then (because it's pushing up and down at the same time)?