ADVENT VEGA USB DRIVER PROBLEM

Guest michaeljp

Guest michaeljp

Hi guys, I have an advent vega and have downloaded and unzipped the R8rom. I have followed the instructions on how to update the drivers but have hit a brick wall there. My laptop says it doesn't contain a compatible software driver for the device, or it isn't designed to work with a 32- system. I'm lost.

I have followed the instructions:

3 > You should then right click the Android Debug Bridge Interface or USB Mass Storage device and choose ‘Update Driver Software’. Rather than let Windows try and find the driver, choose the 'let me pick from a list on my computer' option and choose 'Have disk'. Then browse to the folder where you unzipped the download earlier and press 'OK'. (EG. C:\adventvega)

I cant get any further than this.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Guest Yogimax

Hi guys, I have an advent vega and have downloaded and unzipped the R8rom. I have followed the instructions on how to update the drivers but have hit a brick wall there. My laptop says it doesn't contain a compatible software driver for the device, or it isn't designed to work with a 32- system. I'm lost.

3 > You should then right click the Android Debug Bridge Interface or USB Mass Storage device and choose ‘Update Driver Software’. Rather than let Windows try and find the driver, choose the 'let me pick from a list on my computer' option and choose 'Have disk'. Then browse to the folder where you unzipped the download earlier and press 'OK'. (EG. C:\adventvega)

Do a search for YAUDIG - it should solve all your problems- search is your friend B)

Edited by Yogimax

Guest trevor432990

First, using Windows Explorer you need to go to the folder on your PC where you unzipped the files from Pauls download pack. In that folder will be a folder called 'usbdriver' and within that, one called 'usb_driver' and it is in this sub-folder where all the drivers you need are held.

If when you run the 'install-windows.bat' command as instructed nothing happens or you only get say a couple of lines of text displayed then you will need to do the following:-

Go to CONTROL PANEL>SYSTEM>HARDWARE>DEVICE MANAGER and if you have the Vega connected by USB (with power on) you should see some new hardware called ANDROID PHONE and/or NVIDIA HARMONY. Right click on each entry and click 'Uninstall' then go to the top of the list where it displays your computers name and right click on the entry and select 'Scan for hardware changes'. The Windows new hardware wizard will then pop-up asking if you have a driver disk or not. Say you have and browse to the folder called 'usb_driver' described above and select it. The hardware should then be installed with the correct drivers.

Repeat the 'install-windows.bat' command and hopefully this time a whole list of program output should appear showing it is working and in less than a minute it should all be done and your Vega will reboot itself. Then on Vega go into SETTINGS>ABOUT DEVICE and the Kernel Version should include the text for the level you are now at.

Note:- You may need to do the above with every new release as it seems to be the only way of updating the drivers properly unless someone else can tell us a better way

Guest xathras

You might find the two tools mentioned below will help.

AUDI - Automated USB Driver Installer

http://android.modac.../page__hl__audi

VegaTools v3.0

http://android.modac..._hl__vega+tools

Guest michaeljp

First, using Windows Explorer you need to go to the folder on your PC where you unzipped the files from Pauls download pack. In that folder will be a folder called 'usbdriver' and within that, one called 'usb_driver' and it is in this sub-folder where all the drivers you need are held.

If when you run the 'install-windows.bat' command as instructed nothing happens or you only get say a couple of lines of text displayed then you will need to do the following:-

Go to CONTROL PANEL>SYSTEM>HARDWARE>DEVICE MANAGER and if you have the Vega connected by USB (with power on) you should see some new hardware called ANDROID PHONE and/or NVIDIA HARMONY. Right click on each entry and click 'Uninstall' then go to the top of the list where it displays your computers name and right click on the entry and select 'Scan for hardware changes'. The Windows new hardware wizard will then pop-up asking if you have a driver disk or not. Say you have and browse to the folder called 'usb_driver' described above and select it. The hardware should then be installed with the correct drivers.

Repeat the 'install-windows.bat' command and hopefully this time a whole list of program output should appear showing it is working and in less than a minute it should all be done and your Vega will reboot itself. Then on Vega go into SETTINGS>ABOUT DEVICE and the Kernel Version should include the text for the level you are now at.

Note:- You may need to do the above with every new release as it seems to be the only way of updating the drivers properly unless someone else can tell us a better way

I think its working now mate - you are a very helpful genius. Huge thanks!

• 5 years later...
Guest karlos68
On 7/19/2011 at 9:07 PM, xathras said:

You might find the two tools mentioned below will help.

AUDI - Automated USB Driver Installer

http://android.modac.../page__hl__audi

VegaTools v3.0

http://android.modac..._hl__vega+tools

hi are these available elsewhere? these links dont work any more? i've bricked my vega and the usb driver i have wont work? i'm running win 10 pro 64bit! thanks for any help!!