[APP] LG RIL Version

Guest Trym Hansen

Guest Trym Hansen

This is a tiny app for the O2X flashoholics out there.

It will display which version of lge-ril.so you currently have installed, and if you don't like it you can install another one. The app will scan your sd-card(s) for additional RILs, including scanning them from zip-files. All you need to do is dump your ril-zips or rom-zips anywhere in internal or external storage (where they probably already are), and LG RIL Version will find the RILs for you, and copy them to its own storage for later use.

The RIL-database updates over the net, no need for continous updates of the app. Use the built-in reporting function, and the RIL-database will be updated within minutes.

If you use CM7.1, you will get one-touch support for adding (or removing) lge-ril.so to custom_backup_list.txt. (Keeps the installed ril between flashes.)

This app is exclusively for p990.

The app is in the market, for free of course. (No ads either.)

QR-Code.png

[Market link]

Icon: Jacob Müller.

::Trym

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest Piter1225

Wishlist:

- Compare ril version with baseband and automatically suggest proper ril if current doesn't match

- download it OTA

- install it

Guest Trym Hansen

Wishlist:

- Compare ril version with baseband and automatically suggest proper ril if current doesn't match

- download it OTA

- install it

I must admit this was my initial idea. They are all perfectly reasonable wishes, and technically not much of a problem (perhaps except for getting the baseband version.) I've decided to hold off until I can determine whether it's legal to do so (I don't think so.)

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest Trym Hansen

Does anybody know of a program to extract the contents of the Smartflash .bin files, or the update tools .kdz files? Would make it much easier to correctly identify rils.

Guest Trym Hansen

Nice idea, even given it it's first rating :)

+1 for the logo!

Don't know if you'd tested on CM7 but it works fine.

Thanks!

I've tested personally on CM7, Stock and the Gingerbread alpha leak, and others have run on MIUI and older and unrooted stocks. Have so far gotten no reports that it isn't working, as long as you have a p990 the os should not matter.

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest Trym Hansen

There you go! Swedish translation :) Might update it later if I come up with any better translations, but this is good for now :)

Thanks! Will be available in a few hours.

Guest jon.m.knight

Hi Trym

Just as a heads-up there was an app published to market today which *does* ...

a ) recommend a ril based on your baseband

b ) allow you to download the ril

c ) automatically pushes lge-ril.so to system/lib

Not saying it's legal or not, just saying it's already been implemented - so you may want to take some steps to updating yours?

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1187681

Ta

Edited by jon.m.knight

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Trym Hansen

MMmmmm for some reason I don't get the download link in the market place. I'm running Pauls GR2. Is there a link to the apk ?

2011_08_10_00_46_20.jpg

First of all, the app you're trying to get is not this one [the app in this thread], but another similar one which showed up later. Secondly, it seems that a few roms with altered build.props are not able to download certain applications from the market, including mine and the one mentioned. You need to take this up with the rom-devs.

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest Stevvie

First of all, the app you're trying to get is not this one [the app in this thread], but another similar one which showed up later. Secondly, it seems that a few roms with altered build.props are not able to download certain applications from the market, including mine and the one mentioned. You need to take this up with the rom-devs.

OOPS sorry posted the wrong picture but it's the same for this app, must be pauls Build.prop, Posted in the GR2 section now, thanks. Looks like if you change your LCD Density in build.Prop these RIL Apps don't download. They run fine on LCD Density 200, just wont download from the market. I'm a heavy'ish user with over 250 apps/games installed and this is the FIRST time I've come across this. Just a heads up.

2011_08_10_11_01_04.jpg

Edited by Stevvie

• 3 weeks later...