Transformer back from service and now Android 2.2

Guest BrumBrum74

Guest BrumBrum74

Got my TF 01. of june and it had a defective on/off button. Asus RMA site was down a week before I could actually get a RMA for it (07. june) and then it took 1 week before the workshop here in Norway managed to register it as arrived even though they picked it up on 09. june.

I decided not to stress too much as I hadn't had any possibility to actually start using it. Since I bought it in the UK I called Asus Support and asked if I had to send it to the UK or if I could get it serviced here in Norway. They said no problem to get it serviced in Norway.

After around 3 weeks I had to call the workshop as no update was given and they told me my TF was sent to an external workshop. A week later and no more updates I called again and then they said they were waiting for parts.

Yesterday I finally got my TF back from service. Said Mainboard and cable was replaced and tested OK. Was no battery left on it so I had to put charger in. Turned it on and noticed a strange boot menu. Some diagnostics choices, USB icon and Android icon. I went for the Android icon. My TF then booted up and I noticed a new unlock screen. Though it might could be Android 3.2, but it seem very laggy to open. When I checked firware info it says Android 2.2.

There's lots of test programs on my TF now and it's running very sluggish. Tried to see if software update is available, but my TF says latest update already installed.

When I try to turn of my TF now it says: Turning off phone

Problem is that whne trying to turn off my "phone" it just goes back to the strange boot menu and I cannot actually power off my TF.

Have called Asus Support here in Norway and they have told me to contact Asus Nordic Support.

So now I have a "repaired" TF with Android 2.2 that runs sluggish and badly and I cannot upgrade it.

Seems to me that Asus just sent an old prototype mainboard and installed that and said test OK.

Am really mad and frustrated at the moment and not interested in sending the TF back to the workshop and wait for another 6-7 weeks for "repair".

What you think I should do?

Edit: Stops charging suddenly. If I turn the TF on and off it starts charging for a while and then stops again.

Edit 2: Doesn't read any memorycards at all.

Edited by BrumBrum74

Guest winnipeg

If I only had Facebook. :) And I don't. They don't answer on Twitter.

This forum has saved money for me time after time. Sometimes I think – upgrade from the Vega (which has its own quirks / problems) To the Transformer or some other tab. I just read the stuff on here and I am OK again for weeks – Thanks. :D

My kids say Facebook is easy to join - maybe Go for it.

Good luck.

Guest todbld

Got my TF 01. of june and it had a defective on/off button. Asus RMA site was down a week before I could actually get a RMA for it (07. june) and then it took 1 week before the workshop here in Norway managed to register it as arrived even though

What you think I should do?

Edit: Stops charging suddenly. If I turn the TF on and off it starts charging for a while and then stops again.

Edit 2: Doesn't read any memorycards at all.

Well prior to a few months ago id say your Screwed and have to send it back again but because we have found the SBK you could use nvflash and flash your tablet back to the proper track if you wish to bypass waiting another month

here is a link to what you will need , If you still have questions let me know http://androidroot.m...us-transformer/

Edited by todbld

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BrumBrum74

Update:

TF still at workshop. Took almost a week before workshop registered TF as received for service. Took almost a week to find it again because it got lost there. Motherboard had to be replaced againg. They ordered a new one. Workshop got motherboard and ordered Recovery software from Asus. Asus sent recovery same day. Workshop said still waiting for recovery. A few days after I call workshop and they say still waiting for motherboard and not arrived.

Sent email to Asus today and they say I'll have to wait 30 days before they can offer replacement.

My TF has been at the workshop from beginning of june 2011. Swiftly back for 2 days at my home but was defective same day when I got it. I ordered RMA same day.

So I'm sitting here not even got to use my TF and have to wait at least another week before I can ask for a replacement.

Any hints what to do here? Still don't have Facebook. Edit: Tried to get a friend to post on Facebook on http://www.facebook.com/asus.uk but wont allow people outside UK to post it seems.

Edited by BrumBrum74

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BrumBrum74

Update:

My TF is still not fixed. Got email from Asus Nordic on 30th of august. They said if nothing was resolved 2 days later they would look into replacement or money back. Just before 30 days (from when workshsop said they started trying to repair it) had passed workshop went bankrupt.

Workshop tried for almost 2 weeks to fix my TF after getting a new motherboard, but they couldn't install Android on it (recovery). Probably came with Android 2.2 and they couldn't install Android 3.0 on it. They wouldn't tell.

I sent email and called them on the 02. of september. Asus Nordic said on the phone I had to wait for email answer or I could complain on the following monday (this was a friday).

Didn't hear anything on monday so I called and filed a complaint. Was told I would get an answer within 48 hours. Didn't hear anything within the 48 hours so I called again on monday. Asus Nordic on the phone didn't have any news so I had to file another complaint. Later the same day I got an email from Asus Nordic and the now claimed "force majeure" and they told me I had to give them more time.

I've asked them with email 3 times what the next step is, but when I go online to check for status it only says: Close!

Called Asus Nordic today friday 09.09.11 and they then said they couldn't find any complaints from me at all that I filed on monday and wednesday this week.

Had to file a new complaint again.

The story goes on. :(

Edited by BrumBrum74

Guest BrumBrum74

Update:

Asus finally called me after I complained to them again.

They have promised to help me, but need to find out where my Transformer is now.

When they find it they're gonna send it to Asus Holland and exchange it there.

Was told it can take up to 2-3 weeks for this to be resolved.......