Wifi connected but still no data

Guest clarky78

Guest clarky78

Hi,

We have a Vega that we did the MoDaCo rom update on and after a few months it totally refused to respond to touches. It would only respond at the right edge of the screen and would only register any part of the screen like the right edge. Anyway, it had a new screen and touch screen and came back a few weeks ago. Finally got round to updating the ROM again with the same one and now I can't connect to anything. Facbook says error, trying to register an email account says untrusted server, and internet virtually never works. I say virtually as sometimes it lets me do a google search but thats it. I can serach Android Market, but nothing will download...

Whats up with it? If I go into recovery mode, unike my phone I dont get any options to do anything, so I cant reset the thing.

Guest trevor432990

Hi,

We have a Vega that we did the MoDaCo rom update on and after a few months it totally refused to respond to touches. It would only respond at the right edge of the screen and would only register any part of the screen like the right edge. Anyway, it had a new screen and touch screen and came back a few weeks ago. Finally got round to updating the ROM again with the same one and now I can't connect to anything. Facbook says error, trying to register an email account says untrusted server, and internet virtually never works. I say virtually as sometimes it lets me do a google search but thats it. I can serach Android Market, but nothing will download...

Whats up with it? If I go into recovery mode, unike my phone I dont get any options to do anything, so I cant reset the thing.

Some questions :-

1. Was the screen change done under warranty?

2. Did you test it properly before trying to update the ROM?

3. What's the most recent ROM have you installed?

4. If it's still under warranty why haven't you just taken it back and demanded a replacement?

Try and give us all the relevant information and we might be able to help <_<

Guest clarky78

Some questions :-

1. Was the screen change done under warranty?

2. Did you test it properly before trying to update the ROM?

3. What's the most recent ROM have you installed?

4. If it's still under warranty why haven't you just taken it back and demanded a replacement?

Try and give us all the relevant information and we might be able to help <_<

1: Yes

2: 'Tested'? It was used a little but without any apps proved pointless. Screen worked correctly and seemed better.

3: The ROM installed is the one from the Sticky thread on the forum, the MaDaCo one?

4: I may well do tbh. May just try to get a refund as I dont really use it at all, was using it till it broke, but now I having not really missed it while in repair, it justs seems pointless... Currys insisted it went fro repair after 3 months, I dont know if they will just replace it even if I ask. The returns policy actually sucks!

Guest clarky78

Also, since it was new it has never kept the time and date. I have to set it everytime I turn it on. Which is to say the least... Annoying!!

Also, since it was new it has never kept the time and date. I have to set it everytime I turn it on. Which is to say the least... Annoying!!

If this has been happening since you got it, it's a hardware fault. I was going to describe how to determine which hardware fault, but that would take too long and I guess you're fed up with it anyway.

Instead I'd say your vega is not fit for purpose (as defined by the Sale of Goods Act) because it can,t even run a calendar properly, nor keep proper track of your emails.

Take it back. If they insist on repairing it, you'll effectively have a nearly new Vega which you can sell on ebay.

Edited by lesd

Guest clarky78

If this has been happening since you got it, it's a hardware fault. I was going to describe how to determine which hardware fault, but that would take too long and I guess you're fed up with it anyway.

Instead I'd say your vega is not fit for purpose (as defined by the Sale of Goods Act) because it can,t even run a calendar properly, nor keep proper track of your emails.

Take it back. If they insist on repairing it, you'll effectively have a nearly new Vega which you can sell on ebay.

Well the Wifi has decided to start working again!

Guest trevor432990

If you are going to keep the Vega after all then go to the market and install the free app called ClockSync and that will sort out your time/date problem as a lot of us use it and it is very good and accurate.

Guest IanTurner

If you are going to keep the Vega after all then go to the market and install the free app called ClockSync and that will sort out your time/date problem as a lot of us use it and it is very good and accurate.

If it's losing the date as well as the time then It suggests that the cmos battery is duff (if a tablet has one though it would seem odd to require a time and date entry if you flatten the main battery)