mp3 playback sends incoming calls to voicemail (CM61 ROM)

Guest pedrojaime

Guest pedrojaime

Help,

I was very happy to get all 4Gb+ of my mp3 files onto my pulse (U8220) last night but today I discovered that intermittently incoming calls are blocked during music playback using Mixzing free media player. Does anyone have any suggestion of how I can make the phonecalls and messaging a priority process on the phone? Is there an app that will control that or does anyone recommend an alternative MP3 player software I can use? To me this seemed like the best option since I was not able to get more than 1 track to play in sequence using Moboplayer (at least mp3 type files unless someone knows of a way)..

It just occurred to me that the player may be loading the entire 4Gb playlist since I select 'shuffle all' to get the music to play continuously and randomly and this may be using us valuable system resources.?

EDIT: Will test creating a smaller playlist (with 20 tracks).

Any suggestions are welcome!

thanks,

Peter

Edited by pedrojaime

Guest AdamBaker

Do you have a 2G or a 3G signal when this happens? If 2G then if there is any data transfer going on (looking up album art on the internet for example) then you can't receive calls unless both the phone and the network support DTM. I don't know if the pulse supports it but I believe very few networks do.

Guest pedrojaime

Do you have a 2G or a 3G signal when this happens? If 2G then if there is any data transfer going on (looking up album art on the internet for example) then you can't receive calls unless both the phone and the network support DTM. I don't know if the pulse supports it but I believe very few networks do.

Many thanks for your help, however, enabling 3G and re-testing produces similar results. One thing which has helped manage memory on the phone is installing 'Auto memory manager' which will actually cut out the music temporarily and hand over priority to the incoming call process faster when set to 'agressive'

I also think there are many factors involved here: where you are dialing from, landline/same mobile network/different mobile network/area where the caller has bad reception/area where you have bad reception or a combination of these..

One thing you can do which I have since worked out which you may/may not like to implement is disabling voicemail altogether so the phone just rings.. Many people like sales types may not want voicemail switched off though since they would lose out on important calls and clients are not going to text you if there is no voicemail!

Peter