Stuck at S/W upgrade during update

Guest Raar

Guys,

As using LG's software to update, my phone restarted itself after downloading then it went to S/W upgrade screen then the program says remove the battery bla bla and restart after I did that program never recognized my phone again and everytime I power on my phone it goes to S/W upgrade. Then I go into clockwork recovery and re install CM7 but still can't pass the S/W upgrade screen. Any ideas how to solve this?

What we have tried so far on XDA:

1) KDZ Flash: Program stops working none of the compability modes worked

2) Restoring different recoveries

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rmein

I had this problem today too!

I had to use nvflash to flash paul's emergency rom. The baseband still didn't work, so i had to reflash the 622 baseband to get it all working again.

Guest Valentas

I had this problem today too!

I had to use nvflash to flash paul's emergency rom. The baseband still didn't work, so i had to reflash the 622 baseband to get it all working again.

I tried to use nvflash and other methods but always ended up with error in cmd prompt or the tools just stopped working. :D Sent back the damn phone to seller..

Guest gaww1

You O2X guys are lucky that you have Paul's disaster recovery tool.

Nothing works for the G2X if the kdx toll fails (or connections are lost). I got close to fully recovered with Smartflash, but while it did the AP.bin file OK, it would not do the CP.bin file (can't read the magic number). The failed LG Update appears to break the baseband, and there is none available for the G2X.

I asked Paul if he could set up a version of his disaster recovery tool for the G2x< but no response, Guess he is no longer interested in working on anything for the G2X.