Juicedefender CPU governance

Guest Cooled Spirit

Guest Cooled Spirit

Hello,

I was wondering what needs to happen to allow Juicedefender to allow CPU governance for my LG P990? It says my kernel is not supported...

I read a thread where Paul made some modifications for "pimp my cpu". Could this be done for Juicedefender too ?

Kind regards,

Cooled.

Guest jon.m.knight

Hello,

I was wondering what needs to happen to allow Juicedefender to allow CPU governance for my LG P990? It says my kernel is not supported...

I read a thread where Paul made some modifications for "pimp my cpu". Could this be done for Juicedefender too ?

Kind regards,

Cooled.

If you're using FR19 or Gr1 then it's stock kernel, and, as such doesn't have support for anything other than the default 'scaling'

Once LG release their kernel source (which is a big 'IF') Paul will (hopefully) modify and 'unlock' it to support other governers and OC/UV (as well as EXT4)

Edited by jon.m.knight

Guest Diskbox

Would also be interested in this too as I use JD to stretch the battery life to 2.5 days. cool.gif

Reading Jon's reply above it looks like the only way to get this working will be to find another kernel and shove it on the GR1 build. Not sure if this is even possibly though.

Hello,

Kind regards,

Cooled.

Edited by Diskbox

Guest Cooled Spirit

If you're using FR19 or Gr1 then it's stock kernel, and, as such doesn't have support for anything other than the default 'scaling'

Once LG release their kernel source (which is a big 'IF') Paul will (hopefully) modify and 'unlock' it to support other governers and OC/UV (as well as EXT4)

Perhaps you can explain what is meant here ?

Search for "setcpu"...

- Setvsel support (Overclocking and cpu voltage control in one free app, must-have for the Defy!) Setcpu will do for now. Might need an overclockable kernel. Not that I need more speed, but I'd love to undervolt this thing... Some apps have begun to surface, including overclockable/undervoltable kernels... DONE! Overclocking & Undervolting now supported via "Pimpmycpu" from the market :D

Guest jon.m.knight

Perhaps you can explain what is meant here ? http://android.modac...online-kitchen/

Search for "setcpu"...

- Setvsel support (Overclocking and cpu voltage control in one free app, must-have for the Defy!) Setcpu will do for now. Might need an overclockable kernel. Not that I need more speed, but I'd love to undervolt this thing... Some apps have begun to surface, including overclockable/undervoltable kernels... DONE! Overclocking & Undervolting now supported via "Pimpmycpu" from the market :D

Sure... @Paul has been updating the OP each time there's a new Froyo release rather than creating a new thread for each update.

This thread (and intial FR3) was created 29th March. Paul implemented a custom kernel in v3. I don't think OC/UV support (and different governors) were introduced until as late as FR18 (where Paul also gave you the option of flashing a different kernel). FR19 is based on new source from LG and subsequently back to a 'locked' kernel.

If you notice, Sorensiim (talking about Setcpu support) last edited his post 20th May; when it was possible.

If you did want OC/UV support look for a ROM <FR19 RC2 (~June 29th - where he merged with new LG source).... Or look for an FR18 based ROM on XDA

e: Just so you know, *when* there is a kernel with OC support it's preferable to let setCPU handle it rather than Juice defender.... PimpmyCPU was the alternative people used until SetCPU was updated for tegra2 support (which is was a week or so ago).

Hope this helps? And - welcome to the forum.

Edited by jon.m.knight

Guest Cooled Spirit

Sure... @Paul has been updating the OP each time there's a new Froyo release rather than creating a new thread for each update.

This thread (and intial FR3) was created 29th March. Paul implemented a custom kernel in v3. I don't think OC/UV support (and different governors) were introduced until as late as FR18 (where Paul also gave you the option of flashing a different kernel). FR19 is based on new source from LG and subsequently back to a 'locked' kernel.

If you notice, Sorensiim (talking about Setcpu support) last edited his post 20th May; when it was possible.

If you did want OC/UV support look for a ROM <FR19 RC2 (~June 29th - where he merged with new LG source).... Or look for an FR18 based ROM on XDA

e: Just so you know, *when* there is a kernel with OC support it's preferable to let setCPU handle it rather than Juice defender.... PimpmyCPU was the alternative people used until SetCPU was updated for tegra2 support (which is was a week or so ago).

Hope this helps? And - welcome to the forum.

Too bad... hoped there was a solution out there to reduce battery consumption by reducing CPU speed for the P990.

Thanks for the explanation!

Guest jon.m.knight

Too bad... hoped there was a solution out there to reduce battery consumption by reducing CPU speed for the P990.

Thanks for the explanation!

You can REDUCE your clock speed, but not INCREASE above 1ghz

Grab SetCPU, you can setup profiles based on battery level. I'm using the following setup with FR19......

Profile Name - Max Freq - Min Freq - Priority

Charging - 1000 - 216 - 100

Screenoff - 312 - 216 - 100

Battery <85% - 912 - 216 - 15

Battery <75% - 816 - 216 - 25

Battery <50% - 760 - 216 - 50

appologies - should have realised that was what you're trying to do from the start, when you mentioned juice defender! Sorry!

e: for clarity, the only thing you can't do is:

a ) over clock

b ) under volt

c ) change the govenor

And to answer your next question; I don't know why juice defender doesn't let you under clock with the default 'scaling' govener.

Edited by jon.m.knight