Monte Carlo/Skate 800 Mhz

Guest ZTE_SeanJacko

Guest ZTE_SeanJacko

Hi all

There are conflicting stories about the Monte Carlo/Skate. I can confirm that the device will ship 800 Mhz.

ZTE has never publicly stated otherwise.

Guest Atomix86

I'm glad it's been cleared up aswell, but that leaves 2 points imo:

1. Flibblesan has been telling porkies:

So just to add some information about the Skate. It's being launched on Orange first followed by other retailers at the end of the year. CPU has been updated to 1Ghz, exact type unknown. Price on Orange is less than £150.

2. What price will it be now its confirmed a lower spec?

Guest ZTE_SeanJacko

Fibblesan was reporting what he was told in this instance. He was misled, it would have been a genuine mistake, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't anyone from ZTE doing the unintentional misleading.

Guest Simon O

Wasn't my fault. I was told that the phone had a 1GHz by a representative from the distributors. Several other attendees were given the same information :(

At least we know that it's now 1GHz before the phone was on sale!

The ZTE Skate is currently available for pre-order at around £230 SIM free. The Orange Monte Carlo should be less than £150. I know the price I have been told, and I also know that it may be cheaper. Orange should announce the price soon since it's meant to be on sale next month!

Guest ThermalDroid

If its not ARM 7 then i am just going to get an ACE because TBH I prefer the look and feel of it to what in my opinion is a very flimsy looking device...prove me wrong ZTE!

EDIT: Just realised other post...screw the skate :(

Edited by ThermalDroid

Guest Lew247

That's seriously going to put me off wanting one.

£227 for a 1Ghz processor isn't "too bad" but for an 800Mhz cpu? no way will I pay that, the only thing it seems to have going for it is the bigger screen size which is what i need with my eyes, but is it worth paying for a new phone with last years technology? I don't think so myself.

Maybe when one or two come out second hand at a decent price I might upgrade, but I'd rather pay the same kind of money for one of last years good phones than a "supposedly new one" with a slow rubbish cpu.

I'd seriously begrudge paying £150 for a "branded" phone with that processor, when the blade is so brilliant already. The only reason I'd upgrade is BOTH for a bigger screen and cpu, not one OR the other.

ZTE you really messed up with that choice of cpu.

800Mhz, and thus I and I assume many others have lost interest in buying it :mellow:

Has ZTE ever replied to fanbase's general concerns about the CPU? I'm talking aside from the 1GHz thing.

When buying in bulk as ZTE would, putting an ARMv7 CPU in there would only cost pennies extra per device.

Guest Simon O

800Mhz, and thus I and I assume many others have lost interest in buying it :mellow:

Has ZTE ever replied to fanbase's general concerns about the CPU? I'm talking aside from the 1GHz thing.

When buying in bulk as ZTE would, putting an ARMv7 CPU in there would only cost pennies extra per device.

Actually it would cost a lot more than pennies. The entire mainboard of the phone would have to be redesigned to accommodate a different CPU. Then add R&D costs.. ZTE might as well make a new phone.

So yeah.. if you have a Blade already then you will possibly get no extra benefit from buying a Skate.

Guest ronc2000

Surely, the specs of Skate is 2-3 years old!

I am very disappointed that Skate was rumoured last year and a year on it is still "on the pipe line".

I am disappointed not because I want to buy Skate. It is because I bought ZTE shares!

I bought ZTE shares early this year because of the success of Blade/SF. When the law suit against SE(?) started I duly sold it. Surely enough ZTE price has dropped 30% since. I recently bought the shares again at the low price and it is still dropping.

No wonder, judging by the progress it has made with Skate, I am not optimistic.

May be they are waiting to buy 800MHz processors on the cheap, and still waiting!

Guest ThermalDroid

It doesn't matter if they have to redesign the whole device it should have been ARM7 from the get go because let's face it ARM6 is 2-3 years old and is showing its age.

Guest iKrautDroid

NOOOOOO!

Arm6! I still might get one but to be honest the u8800 seems much nicer and so does a cheap nexus or galaxy s!

Guest Pelemane

Man stop swearing ;)

MIUI is swearword even more than iPhone 'cause MIUI is for wannabe iFags.

IMO wannabe iFag is even worse than real iFag.

Guest k0zmic

if you are buying a phone based on it's ability to run MIUI then you might as well buy an iPhone.

This. Get the real MIUI experience and get an iPhone.

Guest ThermalDroid

But I like most people don't have £400 to throw around and can't be asked to get a contract. Thats why I have a Blade!

And childish down rating that -__-

Edited by ThermalDroid

Guest Simon O

But I like most people don't have £400 to throw around and can't be asked to get a contract. Thats why I have a Blade!

And childish down rating that -__-

Well if you want to upgrade then you have some choices. The Huawei U8800/IDEOS X5 is a fantastic device for less than £180.

People downvoted you for mentioning the Defy ;)

Guest ThermalDroid

I've never understood the moto hate?dry.gif

And also where would one obtain an X5 in the United kingdom?

Edited by ThermalDroid

Guest finbaar

No, MIUI is just another option. It is not iOS as you can get rid of it.

The Blade was only a stop gap for me. Come October I am getting a SGS2. Wooop wooop wooop.

Guest k0zmic

The Blade was only a stop gap for me. Come October I am getting a SGS2. Wooop wooop wooop.

Same for me, just waiting for existing contract to run down. I'll probably get a WP7 as a backup phone since they're fairly cheap in some places.