Notification bar pulldown buttons

Guest linu30

Guest linu30

So, I'm now running FR19 Vanilla and loving it. I am swedish so I had some problems with some of the apk's being in english regardless of what language I had set, but I was able to find replacements for these apk's and now everything is running smoothly.

I'm just missing a pulldown menu in the notification bar for controls (orientation, wifi etc.) - There are a number of apps in the market that sort of handles this, but none that suits me. And none of the apps seem to have direct interaction - they all just start a separate popup which handles the controls.

I know that the stock LG pulldown had this feature, and I've seen it in some other ROMs (CyanogenMOD, FR15 Fear Edition).

How would one go about to add this to FR19 Vanilla? Is it in the framework apk?

Thankful for any help! ;D

Guest linu30

Your best bet would be to use the kitchen to bake the configuration you want else yes, it's in the framework APK.

P

I tinkered a bit with the framework and here's what I got. I managed to get the white skin onto the normal FR19 ROM now, which solved my pulldown button issues. But instead, I now have white text on white background on the notification bar. :P I read somewhere that this was handled in framework-res.apk/layout/status_bar.xml, but my XML editor can't open it (comes out wrong). So, I tried to replace the .xml with the one from Vanilla, since that one had black fonts. But that didn't do anything. :(

I don't see using the kitchen truly a solution as I believe my combo isn't cookable:

I want the FR19 release, since this is a bigger and better pack. It also includes the pulldown buttons which is a must. But I want the colors for the notification bar and noti. bar icons from Vanilla. I also want the lockscreen from Vanilla, it's way better than the one in FR19 default.

Is this by any chance manageable? :D

EDIT: Now noticed that the color of the date in the notification bar (the one that shows when the pulldown is down) has turned black. (OK, so I tinkered with some other XML's aswell :P ) I can only draw the conclusion that I'm just not editing the right xml, since the clock text is still white.

Edited by linu30

Guest linu30

Well, I'm officially out of ideas. I took a look at the kitchen option, only to find this text along with my prefered color theme:

"This option includes the Froyo standard grey theme. Selecting this option also disables the music / toggle buttons in the notification shade."

Meaning that I can't use the kitchen. :( And also, I don't see any way of getting rid of the LG lockscreen with this version.

This is a little outside the FR19 ROM, but I've tried to use UOT Kitchen to cook up a notification bar of my liking, but it won't do the trick. I set it to change my bar color, fonts, icons and lockscreen, but when I flash it, I only get the bar color and the icons. The font of the clock and the lockscreen remains the same as in FR19.

Obviously, my limited skills prevent me from solving this. I have no clue why the UOT only implements half of my choices. And as I see it, after all my tinkering - the closest I've been to having the ROM of my preference is FR19 Vanilla unaltered. Only then I don't get the pulldown buttons.

Anyone have any experience of UOT? Anyone can see why some changes have no effect?

The FR19 runs so great and it would be a shame to abandon it. But I would really appreciate any help in getting my preferred settings, as stated in an earlier post:

Start with the FR19 default kitchen setting

White notification bar

Vanilla lockscreen (the LG one is crap)

If someone could help me accomplish this, or perhaps even customize it, that would be much appreciated. :D