generic european open V20e 2.3.3

Guest hecatae

Guest hecatae

http://www.multiupload.com/Q1OOK81QDJ

build date 6th July 2011

No operator branding, full apn list

mentioned over on xda-devs, I have pulled the kdz and dz apart, repackaged with the flasher and uploaded, so if anyone wants to use this as a start for a custom rom they are welcome to

-] Browse to the folder where you unpacked the ZIP and run LGMDP-v1.5.exe- Click Download in menu

- Select Port

- Choose your phone, click Connect

- Click Image Folder button, browse to the directory where you unpacked this

- Click OK about 3 times on the warnings

- Close the window

- Click Download button

- Let it do the job. It will backup your IMEI and MACs to .NV2 file, reboot your phone, flash recovery and restore the NV2 backup. Do NOT interrupt it or disconnect your phone until it says "Download complete"! Do NOT delete the NV2 backup!

Edited by hecatae

Guest Bob1942

build date 6th July 2011

mentioned over on xda-devs, I have pulled the kdz and dz apart, repackaged with the flasher and uploaded, so if anyone wants to use this as a start for a custom rom they are welcome to

Excuse me for not being update savvy,downloaded the file now what? Do I copy it to an SD card & put in the phone?

Guest Bob1942

updated with instructions, sorry

Sorry for being thick today, where would I have got the zip from to unpack from here www.multiupload.com/Q1OOK81QDJ ? I think Ive unzipped the file ok but cannot find LGMDP-v1.5.exe Only mbn files

Edited by Bob1942

Guest Celtic67

Anyone else flashed this successfully? Mine went OK until the NV2 restore, which gave me a whole load of NV_FAIL_S errors, on items 1 through to 158. I've tried restoring an earlier, known-good NV2 backup, but it's having none of it.

I've tried restoring stock V20g, but got the same error at the end. I can't get Clockwork to start up, either, I just get stuck with the Android logo.

I've just tried V10q and not had any more luck with that.

Time to go to work, I'll do a bit more investigation there.

Guest Celtic67

OK, I'm back in business after restoring V20g, clockwork, then doing a restore of my clockwork backup. IMEI is back and I've got a signal.

While investigating, I downloaded the newer baseband, which is for V20g. I guess V20e might use the old one, maybe that's what broke the NV2 restore. I'm still baffled as to why it wouldn't restore after I'd installed V20g again, though.

I'm going to do some more testing, now that I'm reasonably confident about getting things back to normal.

Guest Celtic67

I've got things back to normal again, hopefully. Instead of LGMDP, I used this to flash V20g KDZ. That booted up fine. LGMDP can now do an NV Restore with no errors.

I still can't flash V20e using this, though, it gets stuck on the Android boot animation. Anyone actually managed to flash this?

Guest Celtic67

I've managed to flash this

I tried again using KDZ Updater this time and had the same problem, stuck on Android boot animation. Stuck clockwork on, wiped cache, dalvik, reboot, still the same. Reboot into clockwork again, factory reset, reboot, same problem. Finally, back to clockwork, go to Advanced, Fix Permissions, reboot and it's booted up.

Icons look fine, the T-Mobile junk is obviously gone, just some LG junk to delete.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest zorzgeo

build date 6th July 2011

Extra!!!

All done from first try and phone waken in GB 2.3.3 ;).

Good yob for hecatae!