Make your Pulse run smoother (faster)

Guest Dante2070

Guest Dante2070

I recently discovered the app "swapper for root" (https://market.android.com/details?id=org.azasoft.free.swapper&feature=search_result). After installing it created a swap file of 200 MB on my sd card. Since then my phone runs a lot smoother and faster. There is almost no lagging and apps start a lot faster. I guess the bigger the swap file the better the results.

I read on this forum that this thing is nothing new, but with this app you don't have to configure anything. Just get the app, start it, choose file size and that's it.

Guest pedrojaime

Considering trying the swapper - also notice there is swapper 2 (for root users), I think I will do some backups and research first, not sure how this would affect my current SD card swap partition, etc.. but thanks for passing this one on!

==

I have come across some other good software of my own - Auto Memory Manager - "allows you to configure Android's internal task killer. Android prioritises each process/app and when the available memory left is below a certain threshold then android will start killing apps to free up memory and go above the low memory threshold."

Well, I must say that this is a lean, and well-thought out app and it really does seem to make my whole phone more responsive (without the expense of shorter battery life)!. try it, I set mine to 'agressive' mode and for example when I am listeneing to music and a phone call comes in, it seems to stall the Mixzing music player from playing music temporarily, enabling the ringtone and telephony processes to be prioritised and me hear and pick up the call! Once I hang up, the music comes back where I left off. I am very happy with this. The result is less missed calls (important)!

Edited by pedrojaime