Bluetooth remote voice dialing capability

Guest abwyatt

Guest abwyatt

Hope there are enough bikers or motorcyclists around like me with an interest in this functionality to spark some discussion.

The O2X came with Froyo 2.2 as stock, so I was surprised to find that the remote voice dialing capability was not implemented in the O2X. To be clear, this is the capability to initiate a voice call by pressing the call button on your bluetooth headset. Yes, you can initiate a bluetooth voice call by launching Voice Dialer on the handset, but that is of no use for a biker traveling along at 100 km/hr unless you have a death wish.

Most other manufacturers like HTC and Samsung had already implemented the capability with Froyo 2.2. A friend even has his HTC HD2 running Froyo 2.2 or gingerbread with this capability, and this on a phone that came stock with WM6.5!

OK, so I held out hope that LG would implement it in the gingerbread update. Well the leaked gingerbread (aka MCR GR1) is here now, but no sign of the remote dial function. Major disappointment!

Anyone with any thoughts on this? Has anyone found a workaround or solution?

Guest Stevvie

Hope there are enough bikers or motorcyclists around like me with an interest in this functionality to spark some discussion.

The O2X came with Froyo 2.2 as stock, so I was surprised to find that the remote voice dialing capability was not implemented in the O2X. To be clear, this is the capability to initiate a voice call by pressing the call button on your bluetooth headset. Yes, you can initiate a bluetooth voice call by launching Voice Dialer on the handset, but that is of no use for a biker traveling along at 100 km/hr unless you have a death wish.

Most other manufacturers like HTC and Samsung had already implemented the capability with Froyo 2.2. A friend even has his HTC HD2 running Froyo 2.2 or gingerbread with this capability, and this on a phone that came stock with WM6.5!

OK, so I held out hope that LG would implement it in the gingerbread update. Well the leaked gingerbread (aka MCR GR1) is here now, but no sign of the remote dial function. Major disappointment!

Anyone with any thoughts on this? Has anyone found a workaround or solution?

+1

This is a feature that even the stock ZTE blade had and that I miss on my LG O2X.