Help needed - Restoring Gen2 back to stock...bricked???

Guest yeawhatever

Guest yeawhatever

Guys, tryiung to restore the misses Orange UK SF(as it needed to go back to the shop), which was converted to Gen2 and was running custom roms.

I flashed the B20 orange UK rom from Sebs ZTE Blade Stock ROMs and now it is stuck at green android. I wasnt sure if I had to downgrade back to GEN1, but saw that these restore roms formatted partitions back so thought it was a one stop shop.

Can anyone give me any idea what to do, as I cant even get into clockwork

How did you convert it to Gen2? If you used a TPT, then the easiest way is this: That is the one stop shop, if you used a tpt to update to Gen2.

If you used a Windows program to flash the full gen2 firmware to your phone while it was connected to your pc by usb, then you might need a similar method to get back to gen1, you should follow this guide & then reinstall the stock rom -

The stock roms in seb's thread don't replace the radio firmware needed to convert your phone back to Gen1, so you just installed a Gen1 rom to a Gen2 phone. You need a TPT or a windows flash to convert back to Gen1, clockworkmod can't do it.

Guest yeawhatever

check the md5s of the files carefully, and do the stock TPT again. leave it plenty of time to finish.

I didnt do a TPT before, I used the clockwork flashable zip from here: http://android.modaco.com/topic/324239-rom-zte-blade-stock-roms/

Should I go down the TPT route. Just tried flashboot and it doesnt look like thats recognising it.

If i use TPT do I go for Gen1? (which the phone originally was) ir Gen 2? (what i converted to....but I converted in the early days before TPT was around.

check the md5s of the files carefully, and do the stock TPT again. leave it plenty of time to finish.

He used the clockworkmod update zip from seb's thread & he didn't tpt first, that's the problem.

Edited by wbaw

Guest yeawhatever

He used the clockworkmod update zip from seb's thread & he didn't tpt first, that's the problem.

Yea I never used TPT as it was out after I did all the converting.

If I cant see the FTM when holding down does that leave me any options?

I didnt do a TPT before, I used the clockwork flashable zip from here: http://android.modaco.com/topic/324239-rom-zte-blade-stock-roms/

Should I go down the TPT route. Just tried flashboot and it doesnt look like thats recognising it.

If i use TPT do I go for Gen1? (which the phone originally was) ir Gen 2? (what i converted to....but I converted in the early days before TPT was around.

If you flashed in the early days of gen2 before my tpt, then you'll need to use the same method to get back to gen1. Follow

use

Stock Gen1 (md5:27917857EFA40ADCECDD1B7793263229)

Gen1 radio and memory layout

Stock Gen1 partition Layout: 41MB cache, 207.5MB system, 208MB data

Fastboot enabled

Compatible with Gen1 TPTs

Then flash the stock rom zip using clockworkmod. Unless it's been updated, then that stock b20 zip has clockworkmod as recovery, so you might want to flash a gen1 stock recovery image as the final step.

Yea I never used TPT as it was out after I did all the converting.

If I cant see the FTM when holding down does that leave me any options?

You need to use fastboot to flash the gen2 stock recovery image to get ftm mode back. You might need to install some drivers if you're using windows & it doesn't recognise your phone.

The phone should be in fastboot mode if it's stock at the green android, so that's the easiest & safest way to flash a working recovery.img

Edited by wbaw

Guest yeawhatever

You need to use fastboot to flash the gen2 stock recovery image to get ftm mode back. You might need to install some drivers if you're using windows & it doesn't recognise your phone.

The phone should be in fastboot mode if it's stock at the green android, so that's the easiest & safest way to flash a working recovery.img

With USB drivers installed and volume up pressed on boot, i eventually get error message saying USB device malfunctioned....and fastboot just sits at the waiting for device stage

SHould I go down the TPT route and load the gen2 files?

Edited by yeawhatever

With USB drivers installed and volume up pressed on boot, i eventually get error message saying USB device malfunctioned....and fastboot just sits at the waiting for device stage

Sounds like a driver problem, check device manager, etc & do that other windows stuff, there's a whole thread on it here:

It just works on Linux, so luckily, I don't need to worry about any of that mess.

You really need to get fastboot working, the only other way out is likely to lose your imei & take some manual fixing, if you want to get back to gen1.

You can't use a gen1 tpt, because you updated to gen2 the official way, so it wont work. You could use a gen2 image.bin tpt to stay on gen2 & get a working gen2 rom or ftm mode recovery installed.

Edited by wbaw

You could use a tpt from this guide:

European Gen2 TPT

Use this if your phone is a European GSM variant and if it was sold as Gen2 or upgraded to stock Gen2 via windows. This will flash stock Gen2 firmware.

Then use the Windows method to get back to Gen1, then flash the stock orange b20 zip, then flash the gen1 stock recovery if you dont get ftm mode.

Edited by wbaw

• 5 months later...
Guest Arjunsharma

Hi i have a orange sf and i was trying to upgrade it to gen2 .

i pressed the home button and volume up and press the button to start the phone, after the green text it said successful but the phone restarted showing a thin white line , i AM REALLY SCARED I WANT THIS PHONE VERY BAD :'(

PLEASE HELP, I THEN DOWNLOADED GEN2 TO GEN1 FILE and did the same volume up thing. and i was able to see the green android but the phone restart and vibrates again n again.

what should i do ?

please help me people

i beg you :'(

Guest Arjunsharma

Hi i have a orange sf and i was trying to upgrade it to gen2 .

i pressed the home button and volume up and press the button to start the phone, after the green text it said successful but the phone restarted showing a thin white line , i AM REALLY SCARED I WANT THIS PHONE VERY BAD :'(

PLEASE HELP, I THEN DOWNLOADED GEN2 TO GEN1 FILE and did the same volume up thing. and i was able to see the green android but the phone restart and vibrates again n again.

what should i do ?

please help me people

i beg you :'(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Exiled Womble

Hello, is there a way to tell what method was used to get to GEN 2 as I can't for the life of me remember which route I took. I'm actually looking to to TPT to Gen 3 but I'm a bit worried I'll brick it in the process. cheers

Guest Amphoras

Hello, is there a way to tell what method was used to get to GEN 2 as I can't for the life of me remember which route I took. I'm actually looking to to TPT to Gen 3 but I'm a bit worried I'll brick it in the process. cheers

Use this app and it should tell you.