MIUI! :D

Guest goatee

Guest goatee

No worries - I've been eagerly waiting for a phone that could run it ever since I first saw a video of MIUI after it came out!

Awesome! cheers for the heads-up.

Guest z0nic

This is really cool! I just tried it.

Looks like the baseband for the Gingerbread release isn't supported. The MIUI system-thingy reported "unknown" baseband. Wifi worked though, so just the call/gprs thingy not working.

I'll definately give it a try again after downgrading the baseband later this evening..

Guest goatee

Err, not sure I understood your post :). Should the non-GR 622 baseband work with it (what I have atm)?

Nope the baseband works. Flash vork kernel with the -ril622 flag. after that, flash the update2.zip file included in the attachment

Guest jon.m.knight

Nope the baseband works. Flash vork kernel with the -ril622 flag. after that, flash the update2.zip file included in the attachment

Sorry - can you confirm that the 622GB BB works 100%? Saw over on XDA a few days ago that Celbration HD works great with Paul's GB Baseband, yet I've read that it doesn't work with this specific release.

I'm using the generic 622 Baseband. For some reason I can never get the -ril flag to work with Vork, others do but the ril one doesn't - can you write the name of the file exactly so I can nename mine (using the 21/07/11) version. To get the 622 ril on I've just extracted it from from system/lib on MCR FR19 and just dropped it into the same place in the optimus2x miui zip.

Guest jon.m.knight

Err, not sure I understood your post :). Should the non-GR 622 baseband work with it (what I have atm)?

Works for me. Not tried GB one.

Guest Clone519

Yeap gb 622 works 100% here follow these steps

1. flash official O2x MIUI

2. Flash Language pack

3. Flash vork kernel with -ril622 and -uitweak flag

4. Flash update2.zip from the forum provided above

your set! :)

Guest jon.m.knight

This ROM is seriously unstable for me, even freezes when scrolling down a list.. . Had 2x BSOD's and 3 battery pulls in the hour or so I've had it installed. Time to restore nandroid of FR19 I think...

Guest goatee

I installed it (without the language pack :unsure:) but it never popped up the SIM PIN unlock screen, so never had any phone connectivity.

Yeap gb 622 works 100% here follow these steps

1. flash official O2x MIUI

2. Flash Language pack

3. Flash vork kernel with -ril622 and -uitweak flag

Err, how do you flash the kernel with different flags? I just use CWM for kernel updates normally

4. Flash update2.zip from the forum provided above

Err isn't that steps 1 & 2?

your set! :)

TIA!

Edited by goatee

Guest jon.m.knight

Err, how do you flash the kernel with different flags? I just use CWM for kernel updates normally

It's the name of the file. Download the latest Vork (21.07.11 - from bene's dropbox a/c)

Name the file with the flags above in them

e.g "vorkkernel-20110721-uitweak-ril622.zip"

(the ril flag never works for me, I just pulled it system/lib in MCR, then push it back into system/lib once the new ROM is flashed)

Err isn't that steps 1 & 2?

Debatable. Apparently MiUiAndroid have re-integrated imperitcus's fixes back into the language pack zip. Better be safe than sorry though, I flashed update2 as a seperate zip.

@goatee - redownload the language pack. There have been 2 fixes since it was intially uploaded, at least one has been re-integrated back into the pack, it's the update2.zip above one I'm not too sure about.

Edited by jon.m.knight

Guest goatee

Thanks Jon - that makes sense :). Now just need to try and find out why it didn't find my SIM card, since it's not much use as a phone without it :)!

Guest the1c3man

Did any of you guys get the external SD card to work? When I tried it it only showed the internal.....

change lines:

ro.additionalmounts=/mnt/sdcard/externalSD

to

ro.additionalmounts=/mnt/sdcard/_ExternalSD

;)

Its nice and fast, bit hard to find apps, also i score 2850 ish on quadrant.

Edited by the1c3man

Guest jon.m.knight

Did any of you guys get the external SD card to work? When I tried it it only showed the internal.....

Yes.

update.zip http://www.multiupload.com/2FVAR34POI

update2.zip http://www.multiupload.com/HHIQKK01SI

update.zip - "fixes the issue with build.prop and now you have network"

update2.zip - "fixes sdcard issues" [edit: or edit your build.prop with the lines above]

*think* that both of these have SINCE (~1pm GMT/BST) been merged back into the english pack from the miuiandroid download page, however I flashed them seperately just incase.

Edited by jon.m.knight

Guest roumiaou

Thanks Jon - that makes sense :). Now just need to try and find out why it didn't find my SIM card, since it's not much use as a phone without it :)!

It was simple for me : after bootup, arrived directly on lock screen, pin input came right AFTER unlocking the screen. Hope it helps (Coming from fr-19 by Paul).

Guest the1c3man

I've just had a BSOD and a warm phone, baseband froyo 0614

Back to FR19 i think.

Edited by the1c3man

Guest z0nic

Yes.

update.zip http://www.multiupload.com/2FVAR34POI

update2.zip http://www.multiupload.com/HHIQKK01SI

update.zip - "fixes the issue with build.prop and now you have network"

update2.zip - "fixes sdcard issues" [edit: or edit your build.prop with the lines above]

*think* that both of these have SINCE (~1pm GMT/BST) been merged back into the english pack from the miuiandroid download page, however I flashed them seperately just incase.

I tried flashing update2.zip, that's supposed to fix the SD-card issues. However, when I boot up and all, SD card = 5,5 GB.... as in internal SD...

Gotta play with the build.prop then I guess...

Guest goatee

I didn't bother with the kernel update, but did install update2 - all's good apart from the SD - will have to download the first update (or hack my build.prop).

It's the name of the file. Download the latest Vork (21.07.11 - from bene's dropbox a/c)

Name the file with the flags above in them

e.g "vorkkernel-20110721-uitweak-ril622.zip"

(the ril flag never works for me, I just pulled it system/lib in MCR, then push it back into system/lib once the new ROM is flashed)

Debatable. Apparently MiUiAndroid have re-integrated imperitcus's fixes back into the language pack zip. Better be safe than sorry though, I flashed update2 as a seperate zip.

@goatee - redownload the language pack. There have been 2 fixes since it was intially uploaded, at least one has been re-integrated back into the pack, it's the update2.zip above one I'm not too sure about.

It was simple for me : after bootup, arrived directly on lock screen, pin input came right AFTER unlocking the screen. Hope it helps (Coming from fr-19 by Paul).

Guest marra2

just installed this rom did full wipe of data cache etc installed the rom and language pack booted up no probs and everything works fine , loving it so far !