MIUI! :D

Guest goatee

Guest droweed

celebration HD on the move again check this out! http://miui-germany....D=1484&pageNo=1

well, I guess we have to wait, I've had better performance in the HD edition compared to the miuiandroid release, and this rom eats alot of battery :(

and using vorkkernel heats the back cover when using the phone, compared to the stock cm kernel that came with miui, just my observation..

note that, I haven't even set it to overclock, just using stock speeds..

oh well, we should be thankful enough for this, its such a great rom, but still have so many quirks, looking forward to more updates :)

and question: on the updated G2X release of miui(1.7.26 i think), it says, that it has an updated kernel, anybody know if its still the 2.6.32.xx one? or the GB kernel 2.6.35?

Edited by droweed

Guest goatee

I've found a problem - USB mounting doesn't work :(. It means I have to resort to CWM, which doesn't see the internal SD card (at least it may if I remove the external one first, but I haven't tried that yet).

Edit: I should have tried Google first removing the external SD card works with the phone on as well :). Just a pain

Edited by goatee

Guest Higgsy

I've found a problem - USB mounting doesn't work :(. It means I have to resort to CWM, which doesn't see the internal SD card (at least it may if I remove the external one first, but I haven't tried that yet).

Edit: I should have tried Google first removing the external SD card works with the phone on as well :). Just a pain

Works for me? first time I connected it to the PC it crashed the phone, but since then its been fine, both internal and external mount no problem - Using Vork 721 -uitweek-ril622

Guest jon.m.knight

well, I guess we have to wait, I've had better performance in the HD edition compared to the miuiandroid release, and this rom eats alot of battery :(

and using vorkkernel heats the back cover when using the phone, compared to the stock cm kernel that came with miui, just my observation..

note that, I haven't even set it to overclock, just using stock speeds..

oh well, we should be thankful enough for this, its such a great rom, but still have so many quirks, looking forward to more updates :)

and question: on the updated G2X release of miui(1.7.26 i think), it says, that it has an updated kernel, anybody know if its still the 2.6.32.xx one? or the GB kernel 2.6.35?

HD FC'ed a lot more for me than MiUiAndroid. I do however agree with you that there seems to be some compatibility issues with Vork & MiUiAndroid. Seems a little less stable than on the 'stock' kernel.

Reference 1.7.26. The G2x alpha was compiled ~26th July.

Apparently CHD 2.01 has been already in private / closed beta for ~1week. So, it's safe to say that it probably won't have a 1.7.26 MiUi base.. Essentially meaning that it'll still have the old kernel (just my thoughts)

I've actually persevered with MIUI and it seems a lot less frustrating now. Only 2 or so BSOD's in the last couple of days.

The more I use it the more impressed I am with this but it's certainly not stable yet!

Guest Brembo109

I don't find it significantly different from GR1 - today after 13 hours I've got 55% left. I use Juice Defender to turn data on and off (always on when the screen is on) - that includes my Exchange and GMail accounts syncing, plus some browsing, a few phone calls and texts. It's really not terrible.

Yes Juice Defender, or better Juice Defender Ultimate is an must have on custom roms. It works really great with most of them and increases batterie life by mimimum 200%. at my device just 350%.

Guest goatee

Yup - I have Juice Defender Ultimate - I stopped using it for ages, once I moved over to CM7 on my Blade, before JD supported Gingerbread. Now it does, and the JD UI has vastly improved, so I use it all the time.

Yes Juice Defender, or better Juice Defender Ultimate is an must have on custom roms. It works really great with most of them and increases batterie life by mimimum 200%. at my device just 350%.

Edited by goatee

Guest jon.m.knight

what's the difference between MIUI celebration and miui 1726?

regards

OK... from what I can gather..and please, anyone feel free to correct me... (it's quite confusing as there's CM7 version number, official MIUI version number, fansites' version numbers and handset port version numbers..)

MIUI 1.X.YY - Chinese 'Base' Dev ROM (where X = month, YY = day) built from CM7 nightly (??)

Celebration HD - German / English Alpha with iphone theme, built from the chinese 1.X.YY base

English Language pack (linked from miuiandroid) - can be applied to both ROMs, but overwrites some more up to date apps on Celebration.

Both Celbration HD 2.1 and the ROM found on MIUIAndroid are based from the chinese 1.7.22 (I think 2.1 is based of 1.7.22 as CHD2.1 has been in closed alpha for a week and is the last known weekly MIUI De version number)

Celebration 2.1 is a themed version of MIUI 1.7.22 with the language pack [DE/EN] already merged into the ROM. It has updated some of the default apps found on the chinese 1.7.22

MIUIAndroid 1.7.22 has the raw chinese ROM, and a seperate English language pack.. it's (from what I can tell) a non-modified version of the Chinese ROM, other than language.

There is currently no 1.7.26 ROM availble to general public for the O2x. There is a G2X Alpha 1.7.26 ROM out there, but... rather than being built from MIUI 1.7.26 is actually built and PORTED from the LG O2x 1.7.22 ROM (but was just compiled on the 26th July - hence the naming convention). MIUI China only release weekly [i think] (22nd July, 29th July etc etc)

The next version is 1.7.29 (http://miuiandroid.c...review-changes/) Which, as it's naming convention suggests is today....

So...

Celebration HD 2.2 has already been promised by the same time next week. Meaning it'll use a 1.7.29 base.

The question is; can MIUIAndroid deliver their 'English' version of the ROM around the same time?

edit: suspect CHD2.2 will go into closed testing again over the weekend, then MIUIAndroid will release their 1.7.29 ROM early next week; with CHD2.2 to be released to general public again on Thurs

Edited by jon.m.knight