Xperia X10 - Do's and Dont's

Guest almighty15

Guest almighty15

Hey guys,

My Experia X10 is being ordered tomorrow to replace my OLED ZTE Blade B)

Now this is the first Sony phone I've owned since W800 Walkman phone way back in the day!

I've modded my ZTE Blade to hell and back in terms of ROMS and stuff like that so I know the phone inside and out.

But I don't know the X10 at all, So could anyone give me a quick run down on the do's and don't?

Like what ROMS to avoid, Which ones run fast, Which ROMS allow overclocking and if you still use Clock Work MOD? And best program to root....etc...etc..

I know the phone has a 2.1 update for it and now I beleive it has a 2.3 update on the way??

My first quest will be to get the phone network unlock so I use my SIM card in it, Is it as easy to unlock as the ZTE Blade? Anyone offer the service that you can recomened?

And what's all this that the phones doesn't support pinch and zoom?? :(

Guest Neel007

U should have bought Lg optimus black or Samsung galaxy S-Lcd.

Anyways , the best rom is in my signature.

Welcome to f** SE.

Ppl here love devs and hate SE.

Thanx :)

Guest BuglyAstard

I use flashtool 2.9.1 from xda developers for rooting and flashing. If your ordering your phone then by the time you get it you should have gingerbread available, and if so, you will probably want to wait until root is available and some nice roms start rolling out. If you want something different and nice looking try tripnravers miui (i prefer the froyo version), Im using ewjet until the update arrives, camera works perfect, great battery life and super snappy.

Guest almighty15

U should have bought Lg optimus black or Samsung galaxy S-Lcd

Big differene between the price of those phones and the £118 I'm paying for the X10...

Guest Neel007

Big differene between the price of those phones and the £118 I'm paying for the X10...

that's quite cheap... actually it's half of the price that of in my country....

All the 3 phones are of almost same price here....

Nice deal btw ...

Ur useful reference for root and all [flashtool] -

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=943645

For xrecovery-

Be sure , some of the roms dont support newer vesion. U have to install older one.

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=859571

The things may change in official GB version...

Thanx :)

Edited by Neel007

Guest doomed151

- nvm, it's not free -

I don't know an easy way, but you can always reflash your firmware using FlashTool.

Look around in XDA.

Edited by doomed151

Sim unlock not free for now but maybe in the future with the full unlocking of the bootloader.....many rumiurs about that. Anyway I would not buy SE again i could turn back time.....peace

Guest Cyberman_NI

Does the phone support flash?

It does support Adobe Flash, but you'll have to flash a froyo or gingerbread rom first. And the camera has a photo light, not a flash as you would expect from a highend smartphone (I know total sh1t3). Although you will need to use a app called Vignette from the Market.

Good Luck mate

PS: the best rom yet is easily Trips latest MIUI GB v1.0 only out this morning. Been on it for 7 hours and it seriously is making a fool of my new Samsung GS2 (bit raging about that tbh lolll)

Guest Cyberman_NI

Just getting it unlocked now is what's bugging me....

No ones seems to know of a way to network unlocking the phone

Beware, I got stroked by some mother f online, £25, then another £10 then he wanted another £15. Gave up at that point.