[ROM MOD][Gen2] Simple Stir Fry (Updated 01/10) - b27

Guest Matthew Ferguson

Guest Matthew Ferguson

Will this be getting a B22 update?

If you have no time for it that's cool. It'd just be nice to have a one-install vanilla experience!

I'll post a B22 update this weekend :) Promise.

Guest Hell_Angel

I'll post a B22 update this weekend :) Promise.

That sounds really good. I had your previous version, but changed it to CAE and now I want to get rid of it as soon as I can. Your ROM has gave me the best overall so far. I mean performance and battery time combined. Another reason why I like your lite version, is because there's no unnecessary applications installed. I don't know why these ROMs has to always be floated with stuff I don't need.

But yes, that's enough blabbering for now. I'll keep waiting for your new version. Thanks in advance!

Guest Matthew Ferguson

Maybe even B23? wbaw just released it today tongue.gif

btw I love your colorful settings. Now when I have B21 and I'm looking on white icons it hurts my eyes unsure.gif

I'll update to B24 as soon as I can, sorry for the delay. Laptop charger broke, then I bought a 3rd party replacement that burnt out within 2 hours, so at the moment I have no computer, waiting for an official one I ordered to show up :) As soon as that does I'll get on it.

Guest Matthew Ferguson

Tethering works in b26.

Many thanks for the update. I've built the new zips for b26, and I'll try and upload them tomorrow. They take a while as my upload speed is terrible!

hi can can you write guide how to install this rom because i am new to this stuff

Have you tried to READ "Pinned" topics in this thread? Topics named "How to flash...."..

Don't be lazy man.

Guest Steven Theaker2

Excellent ROM, using it on a daily basis and it has not let me down yet.

Using the lite version and it runs fast and smooth on the ZTE Blade.

Many thanks for this great ROM.

:D

I chose this and its Lite version because I can not stand transparent notification bar. It just is so cheap when it has transparent notifications and buttons. The background could be transparent but only optional.

And I love when I can choose to have as much as possible a Vanilla Android but then still add ZTE Smart dialer. The smart dialer is very nice by functionality but I would prefer if it would follow Android style more, what means it should have not such chrome buttons and others.

My dream in the future is that Android would officially be upgradeable by any user. That user just downloads the ZIP from Google and installs it to get a vanilla android. Then users can later install addons from operator or manufacturer where every feature is own package. So you are not forced to have everything or some other feature if you just one.

Guest indaloman

Hi Matthew, what version of b26 did you use, Wbaw posted b26 r2 and b26 r3. I have b26 r3 on my phone and everything seems to work OK but I haven't tested BT, battery life is good.

My partner has b26 on her phone and battery life is not great. B26 r2 and b26 r3 seems to have disappeared off the board.

Kernel version

2.6.35.7-perf+

Build number

Ginger Stir Fry Beta3

Guest Matthew Ferguson

Hi Matthew, what version of b26 did you use, Wbaw posted b26 r2 and b26 r3. I have b26 r3 on my phone and everything seems to work OK but I haven't tested BT, battery life is good.

My partner has b26 on her phone and battery life is not great. B26 r2 and b26 r3 seems to have disappeared off the board.

Kernel version

2.6.35.7-perf+

Build number

Ginger Stir Fry Beta3

Wbaw only posted one version of GSF b26. This is that version. You're running GSF b3, which is 23 versions out of date.

Edited by Matthew Ferguson

Hey Mathew,

Sorry to be posting like this.

You seem to be doing a good job by providing a bit more flavour for our beloved blade.

Am interested in learning how to unpack and repack ROMS. Could you post some links or create a new post (in detail steps to assemble ROMS, changing kernels, editing framework.apk and the lot) for all those aspiring ROM builders out there who would like to boast about their own flavour of ROMS in their blades.

Thanks in advance....

Guest Matthew Ferguson

Hey Mathew,

Sorry I really shouldn't be posting like this.

You seem to be doing a good job by providing a bit more flavour for our beloved blade.

Am interested in learning how to unpack and repack ROMS. Could you post some links or create a new post (in detail steps to assemble ROMS, changing kernels, editing framework.apk and the lot) for all those aspiring ROM builders out there who would like to boast about their own flavour of ROMS in their blades.

Thanks in advance.... (for work I'm not sure you'll do)

Hey, it's really quite simple to repack ROMs, like changing Kernels and apps, you literally just unzip the file, delete the old stuff inside, paste the new one in the right place and rezip. Editing and recompiling the framework's a lot more complicated, and I only just learnt, so I'm sorry but I don't have the time to make a learning thread.

Hey, it's really quite simple to repack ROMs, like changing Kernels and apps, you literally just unzip the file, delete the old stuff inside, paste the new one in the right place and rezip. Editing and recompiling the framework's a lot more complicated, and I only just learnt, so I'm sorry but I don't have the time to make a learning thread.

Thanks for replying.... And its understandable regarding the time involved in creating a learning thread... Guess it takes a lot of time. No wonder others haven done that......

Regarding the unzipping & rezipping, i just open them in winzip and delete and add apps i require... . I really love the see through drop down notification bar in gsf - which i want to use in another ROM. The elitemovil. I know ppl had issues with the warez stuffs - but personally, it has lot more options... Would u guide me towards that.. a link maybe.

Thanks in advance (And am definitely gonna do it, if shown the way....)

Guest Matthew Ferguson

Thanks for replying.... And its understandable regarding the time involved in creating a learning thread... Guess it takes a lot of time. No wonder others haven done that......

Regarding the unzipping & rezipping, i just open them in winzip and delete and add apps i require... . I really love the see through drop down notification bar in gsf - which i want to use in another ROM. The elitemovil. I know ppl had issues with the warez stuffs - but personally, it has lot more options... Would u guide me towards that.. a link maybe.

Thanks in advance (And am definitely gonna do it, if shown the way....)

Elitemovil (2.3.4) is really not that different to GSF. There might be a few complications with moving it over, but all you need to move is the SystemUI.apk from app and the framework-res.apk from framework. I've never used winzip to delete and add apps, I've just unzipped and rezipped the file with 7zip. I think Elitemovil (which doesn't have a lot more options) might be found on XDA.

Elitemovil 2.3.5 is just CM7.

Edited by Matthew Ferguson

I just wanted to thank you for this rom, it is pretty much the perfect rom for my taste!

Simplicity with the possibility of customization is just the way I want it, I ran CM7 on my earlier phone but it always seemed to be a bit too cutting edge.

Haven't found anything that doesn't work yet either, which is nice for a change :)

Thanks!