error compiling cm7 sources

Guest Phoenix Silver

Guest Phoenix Silver

i submit this error because of the new jdk and jre 1.7 javac has been updated to 1.7

javac: target release 1.5 conflicts with default source release 1.7

i have changed all lines in build/core/combo/javac.mk to 1.7

but it gives hundred of errors (bad classe)

I think cm7 need an update to correct this

Bug written here

bug reported

Edited by Phoenix Silver

Guest t0mm13b

i submit this error because of the new jdk and jre 1.7 javac has been updated to 1.7

javac: target release 1.5 conflicts with default source release 1.7

i have changed all lines in build/core/combo/javac.mk to 1.7

but it gives hundred of errors (bad classe)

I think cm7 need an update to correct this

Bug written here

bug reported

Yes, am experiencing the same issue :)

Hopefully, CM7 team will take notice of the bug submission.... :)

Guest sm4tik

..the downside of living with rolling releases.. I suspected there might be some trouble ahead with that update. Have to see if I still have the older packages in my cache. And I think there is a mirror hosting older packages also, hope it still exists.

I hope this gets attention and a fix soon :)

edit: downgraded and added to IngnorePkg for now. Will have to keep an eye on CM7 changes before letting those update again.

Edited by sm4tik

Guest Phoenix Silver

for arch linux users :

go in /var/cache/pacman/pkg

do sudo pacman -U jdk6

sudo pacman -U jre6

problem solved for this OS

and add ignorepkg = jdk jre in /etc/pacman.conf

(both will be ignored in system updates)

Edited by Phoenix Silver

Guest t0mm13b

for arch linux users :

do sudo pacman -U jdk6

sudo pacman -U jre6

That does the trick. Nice! :)

• 1 month later...

for arch linux users :

do sudo pacman -U jdk6

sudo pacman -U jre6

Just a bit of a bump on this. Jre and jdk were dumped to aur a while ago bacause of a change in their licence. I've replaced these with openjdk6 and have not experienced any problems with it. Openjdk6 is mentioned as a dep in CM wiki, so it should be ok for future use also. Jre and jdk are both available as separate packs for xxx6 and xxx7 so if you choose/have to keep them, it's also safe to remove those from the ignorepkg line in pacman.conf.

Guest Phoenix Silver

Just a bit of a bump on this. Jre and jdk were dumped to aur a while ago bacause of a change in their licence. I've replaced these with openjdk6 and have not experienced any problems with it. Openjdk6 is mentioned as a dep in CM wiki, so it should be ok for future use also. Jre and jdk are both available as separate packs for xxx6 and xxx7 so if you choose/have to keep them, it's also safe to remove those from the ignorepkg line in pacman.conf.

OKi ty :)

I'll give it a try

There are other things than cm7 to try :D

OKi ty :)

I'll give it a try

There are other things than cm7 to try :D

Yeah, originally I had to keep jre6 because of swingOSC, but it seems to work ok with openjdk now. Some things are buggy with openjdk, but it's also developed quite rapidly :)

its not a cm7 bug, its upstream - all over the place google say android requires jdk 1.6

what distro are you using if it replaces 1.6 with 1.7 instead of installing them alongside? debian/fedora don't break like this.

its not a cm7 bug, its upstream - all over the place google say android requires jdk 1.6

what distro are you using if it replaces 1.6 with 1.7 instead of installing them alongside? debian/fedora don't break like this.

That would be arch of the two wbaw listed. I don't know why 1.7 originally replaced 1.6 (and didn't think about it until now), but now that these were dumped to a user maintained repository, it seems they should co-exist just fine.

Edited by sm4tik

So does arch, but jre/jdk were also available (and still are, just not in the official repos).

i don't think openjdk is supported or approved build platform for android, i know i certainly couldn't get it to work when i tried a while back. i'm pretty sure there's a hardcoded reference to sun-jdk-6 in the cm7 source.

the way debian does it is a package for jdk6 and another one for jdk7, then its uses alternatives to allow you to switch between them (and openjdk/gcj) you can do the same on fedora if you manually download the rpm's from sun.

its always amused me that sun's motto for java was "write once, run anywhere" which is complete bullshit really, as the target platform for java is the jre which can vary massively not only between operating systems, but also within them. it should be "write once; run on a specific jre, instruction set and os; otherwise rewrite completely".