Weird Display Issue

Guest atomickarma

Guest atomickarma

Hi

I've noticed recently that my Vega display turns a sort of opaque white, and stays like this until I turn the display off and back on again. The problems first appeared in the vegacomb 1.5 release and after I re-installed stock it is still appearing :/

anyone got any thoughts? or is it time for a trip to currys?

Guest atomickarma

What were you doing or running, or does this just happen itself if you leave it?

Happens on the desktop, in the browser, has happened in games too. Seems to be totally random. Just waiting for it to happen again so I can grab a snap

Guest Yogimax

Happens on the desktop, in the browser, has happened in games too. Seems to be totally random. Just waiting for it to happen again so I can grab a snap

If you can, try another memory card and see if it persists. What ROM are you running?

Guest Yogimax

If you can, try another memory card and see if it persists. What ROM are you running?

Sorry, I just noticed you said you were on stock.

Guest atomickarma

Hmm, Ok i'll try that :)

No luck there - have swapped for an 8GB microSD HC card, and quite soon after I did so:

WP_000316-small.jpg

I'm happy to take it home to Mr Curry's just wondered if anyone had seen anything like this before?

(and blimey how hard is the captcha text system for uplaoding images? :o )

Guest Yogimax

No luck there - have swapped for an 8GB microSD HC card, and quite soon after I did so:

WP_000316-small.jpg

I'm happy to take it home to Mr Curry's just wondered if anyone had seen anything like this before?

(and blimey how hard is the captcha text system for uplaoding images? :o )

If no one else has replied, I would take it back to the shop - ideally if you can keep it in that state it would make things easier. Alternatively print out your picture of the screen.

From what I hear, they are not as forgiving as previously regarding replacements on the spot - bring as much proof as you can!

Guest chockimon

Since installing Vegacomb 1.7, I'm also getting random GSOD's, as the screen goes green and I have to reset. Any idea what's causing this, as it's never done it before? I wasn't that impressed with Vegacomb 1.5, but Vegacomb 1.7 is a vast improvement and I really like it so far. The only real problem is that my usb keyboard no longer works. and Quick Office which is an excellent app, keeps fore closing.

Guest atomickarma

If no one else has replied, I would take it back to the shop - ideally if you can keep it in that state it would make things easier. Alternatively print out your picture of the screen.

From what I hear, they are not as forgiving as previously regarding replacements on the spot - bring as much proof as you can!

Well, no on the spot replacement, rather a phone number for sending it away for repairs :(

Don't know if I'll bother, we'll see...

• 2 months later...
Guest atomickarma

Well, no on the spot replacement, rather a phone number for sending it away for repairs :(

Don't know if I'll bother, we'll see...

Thought I would offer an updte on this problem

I opted not to send the device away as it is a bit of a favourite, but subsequent use revealed the problem seems to be something inside disconnecting. WHen the issue occurs all i need to do is apply pressure to the reverse of the tablet and it resolves!

Anyone come across this before? It's strange as it has never been dropped or anything. Incidentally, anyone have any ideas what might be disconnecting?

I would guess its the screen ribbon cable! The samsung nc10 netbook had a very similar problem with the screen going white out. I would send it away if I was you but failing that you could open her up and have a fiddle with the cable.

Thought I would offer an updte on this problem

I opted not to send the device away as it is a bit of a favourite, but subsequent use revealed the problem seems to be something inside disconnecting. WHen the issue occurs all i need to do is apply pressure to the reverse of the tablet and it resolves!

Anyone come across this before? It's strange as it has never been dropped or anything. Incidentally, anyone have any ideas what might be disconnecting?

Guest atomickarma

I would guess its the screen ribbon cable! The samsung nc10 netbook had a very similar problem with the screen going white out. I would send it away if I was you but failing that you could open her up and have a fiddle with the cable.

CHeers ju88a, i'll have a look for that. I'm happy to open it up :)