Android Market Problems

Guest trayd

Guest trayd

Hi All, newbie here, so hope I'm putting this in the right place! I've recently switched to my first Android phone - a ZTE Racer. Really pleased with the phone, everything works fine, including browsing the internet, but I just cannot download anything from Android Market. I get the message 'starting download' and then it just stays there doing nothing. I've left it overnight, still nothing. I've tried many of the tips I've read like clearing cache, rebooting phone, switching to wi-fi but nothing works. Another possible fix I read was to sign into Google Talk, but I can't - I just get the message 'signing in' for ages and then 'Google Talk authentification failed'. I have plenty of free memory space and when I tried downloading a free game from another site that downloaded and installed fine (although the game then crashed when I tried it out :angry2: ).

I would appreciate any advice being a novice to all this! Thanks in advance!

Guest redhawkuk

To use the Android Market application you need a valid Google account and enable "Background data" (which I assume you've done already).

The Market app can be annoying at times though i.e. apps not searchable because Google considers them incompatible even though they run fine anyway.

Market also has this annoying habit of appearing to install an application but never actually installed.

Btw: if your handset is crashing and you've recently updating Google Maps / Street View uninstall it their updates are seriously buggy atm.

Richard S.

Edited by redhawkuk

Guest trayd

Thanks for the reply Richard. Yes Background Data is enabled and I have a valid Google account. No I've not updated Google Maps/Streetview. Over the weekend I looked up alternatives to Android Market, and have been using one called 'GetJar' - everything works fine with that site, no problems downloading or installing. Just don't know what it is with Market, but it's bugging me!

Edited by trayd

• 4 weeks later...

Been meaning to pop back and let you know I sorted the problem by opening another Google account (even though the one I already had was valid) and doing a factory reset on my phone, then I enabled Google Talk (which wouldn't work before either). Now Market works perfectly fine :D