Read - Not EOF(blade)!

Guest t0mm13b

Guest t0mm13b

Right, this is my 2cents....

The blade will continue - no doubt - mind you, kernel sources for .35 has yet to come out, which could result in a way better experience of a CM7 ROM.

If you're the adventurous type that likes to tinker, why not post here your suggestions on how to continue breathing life into the blade, such as a mixture of ROMS with different themes... the options are unlimited... just need to focus more on "What can we do as a community?" instead of posting angry posts to the mods.

The mods have a job to do, regardless, they enforce the ban to ensure everyone behaves in a manner that is good for the forum and good for us. Had there been no mods, this would have severe repercussions such as overthrowing the forum and generally run riot around with no control - think about it - who would be cleaning up the forum if there's no mods...

In fairness, the mods do have a tough job to do, facing crap basically, and having to clean up the mess by others.

Also, it would be better to expend energy in a more positive way and re-focus, instead of running riot and destroying the fundamental of what makes up this blade community.

Am neutral on this and will not be swayed by anyone's opinions.

My 2cents,

Cheers,

B)

P.S: Read Not EOF(Blade) is a geeky humour for this line of code

while (!eof(blade)) ; 

Edited by t0mm13b

Right, this is my 2cents....

The blade will continue - no doubt - mind you, kernel sources for .35 has yet to come out, which could result in a way better experience of a CM7 ROM.

If you're the adventurous type that likes to tinker, why not post here your suggestions on how to continue breathing life into the blade, such as a mixture of ROMS with different themes... the options are unlimited... just need to focus more on "What can we do as a community?" instead of posting angry posts to the mods.

The mods have a job to do, regardless, they enforce the ban to ensure everyone behaves in a manner that is good for the forum and good for us. Had there been no mods, this would have severe repercussions such as overthrowing the forum and generally run riot around with no control - think about it - who would be cleaning up the forum if there's no mods...

In fairness, the mods do have a tough job to do, facing crap basically, and having to clean up the mess by others.

Also, it would be better to expend energy in a more positive way and re-focus, instead of running riot and destroying the fundamental of what makes up this blade community.

Am neutral on this and will not be swayed by anyone's opinions.

My 2cents,

Cheers,

B)

P.S: Read Not EOF(Blade) is a geeky humour for this line of code

while (!eof(blade)) ; 

You've used offensive language.

Guest k0zmic

I agree with that 100%.

It'd also like to add that those who were banned are still free to move their development to another forum if they wish.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest hecatae

I'm hoping to see a new rom today from a well known dev on this forum who has not bothered in releasing a rom yet, i just hope it no longer boot loops

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I'm hoping to see a new rom today from a well known dev on this forum who has not bothered in releasing a rom yet, i just hope it no longer boot loops

Well that's good news!

I completely agree that people should be positive, and some people clearly haven't. However that doesn't mean we can't discuss what happened in a civilised manner, and significant things have happened. One way or the other, everyone will get over this in a week so there's no need to worry about people posting whatever they think, in my view.

Guest ThermalDroid

Sadly for me this is the end of my blade, my Atrix arrived this morning, and my blade is now sitting in it's final testing place that is a mazuma mobile bag.

Fair well noble blade, I knew thee well!

And an infinite loop.

The ideia was just that, the justification that was used to justify the dictating bans can cause that...

PS: I pressed - accidently have no idea how to remove it sorry, anyone can help?

Edited by tmmp

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi All,

I dont know what happened today, but by the sounds of things..... summit bad!!! <like crossing the streams in Ghostbusters!!!> ;)

However, I fully agree with t0mm13b and that we cannot afford to loose any Devs, or development on our trusty Blades... Sure, they are now becoming dated with the likes of DualCore, and larger camera (flashes) and all sorts... but there is plenty plenty of life in them yet. Only today I installed a couple of different launchers and was amazed at how it transforms them. It now looks like I am running a fully blown Windows on my phone, and will amaze others with it at work.

Its how we use our phones, how we make them look.... all this can be packaged up into a neat rom, that others can enjoy so freely and easily.... so lets carry on, and continue to make this a great forum, and great resources...

Cheers, Lister

* (PS, can someone reply/PM on what happened today...?? Did we loose some important Rom developers or summit??)

Guest t0mm13b

If we don't know what people got banned for how do we know what not to do to prevent us getting banned?

Simple answer: Use common sense! :)