Weird Battery Problem,need feedback(SOLVED?)

Guest fpbasilio

Guest fpbasilio

hi! Need advice on my battery problem...

Fully charged my battery, then after about 12 hrs, it was still at around 50-60% then phone suddenly rebooted, and after reboot it shows 5% left!? i was away from a charger so it drain until off. i tried to power it on again and it did. it showed 0% but the phone still works. i was able to get about 1-2 hrs on idle without the phone dying but the whole time it was on 0%. fully charged it again then tried doing wipe batt stats on malez. but same thing hapened the next day, around 50-60% jumped to 15% this time..what could be wrong? im using 4.002.14bin +fear rom. was on liquid next before but was having high bat drain so i went back to fear.

is it time to buy a new batt? was thinking of getting the mugen 1500mah.

thanks

EDIT: in addition to the problem above, i found that whenever i load heavy webpages on the browser while on 3G, the phone shuts off. (not reboot, but it shuts off completely without the shutting down prompt. ) on wifi doesnt seem to happen.. i tried other roms like miui, liquid next and now im on stock rom. but problem is the same.. still awaiting my new mugen batt from mail, but hoping somebody can give me some sort of advice :-) hope the problem is old batt related

SOLVED?: ive been using my new 1500mah mugen battery and so far for two cycles, battery levels were not skipping anymore. and no more turning off of the device when surfing 3g. so i guess it was a problem with my old battery.

ive been using my old battery from april 2010 to aug2011 so it lasted me 1 year 4 months. im now wondering how long will the new mugen one will last.

im also wondering if the constant rom changes ive done on my old battery shortened my battery life. so i will try to stick to stock bin for now.

battery life seems to last longer on mugen batt too. 100% to 0% in 16hrs of very heavy use (6hours+ of music playing, 1hr + of you tube, 3g surfing etc.) same use on old one lasted me about maximum of 7-8 hrs i think.

the mugen battery also said in the instructions to initially charge and discharge 3-5 times on first use. im on my second 100% to 0% drain and will do the third one tommorow. after that will try to charge as often as i can (hope my understanding of the instructions is correct)

that is all :D

Edited by fpbasilio

Guest Artologic

Hey Fpbasilio,

Couldn't it be that when i charges, the phone overheats? I have had this once or twice and then i just stops charging, even if it s connected, until it cools down enough. After which (since it s not decently charged) your battery levels could be acting weird?

Greetz

Guest fpbasilio

Hey Fpbasilio,

Couldn't it be that when i charges, the phone overheats? I have had this once or twice and then i just stops charging, even if it s connected, until it cools down enough. After which (since it s not decently charged) your battery levels could be acting weird?

Greetz

sorry i don't quite understand what your trying to say...

..are you trying to say that my battery levels are acting weird because the phone overheats in the middle of charging and it does not charge enough?

i dunno if this is the cause ..

anyway, i just ordered a replacement battery and would be receiving it in a couple of days..

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dguerre

mugen 1500mah just arrived from mail...intial charging of 12hrs...see how it goes..

Could you report how it goes with the new battery? I'm having similar problems and would like to know if a new battery solves the problems for you.