only 3.5 hrs if battery on vegacomb 1.7

Guest Bunjit

Guest Bunjit

hey all,

ive not seen any other posts on this, so not sure if anyone will have any ideas, I'm running:

vc 1.7

modded stock v2

456 to 1200 CPU (CPU boost)

no live wallpaper

I'm only getting 3 to 4 fours battery life of surfing with some streaming video. Any advice would be appreciated :)

Edited by Bunjit

Guest Bunjit

oh and I have tried charging to full, wiping battery stats and running until shut down, which dealt with the problem of the battery showing only 12% after rebooting at 60%, but the life can jump from 30% to 10% in a matter of

a few minutes with general use

Edited by Bunjit

oh and I have tried charging to full, wiping battery stats and running until shut down, which dealt with the problem of the battery showing only 12% after rebooting at 60%, but the life can jump from 30% to 10% in a matter of

a few minutes with general use

Please don't get annoyed because I'm stating the obvious, but has this started since you installed modded stock v2? Can you revert to v1?

Have you checked Settings>about device > battery use?

The battery connection has more than two wires which means the battery pack has more than one battery. You may have hardware fault such as a duff battery in the battery pack or a loose connector.

Guest Bunjit

Thanks for your reply Lesd,

It seems to have suddenly started after a few days of OK battery. I fixed the 216 CPU issue with CPUBoost, seems to have coincided with that.

As I was getting the force close issue too, I'm reverting back to stock and formatting SD card, I'll do some testing.

Update: Stock ROM Test - 35 minutes of wifi web access, a little streaming video and its dropped by 10%.

Which would mean less than 5 hrs :(

Edited by Bunjit

Update: Stock ROM Test - 35 minutes of wifi web access, a little streaming video and its dropped by 10%.

Which would mean less than 5 hrs :(

Well, unless you've got the brightness set high enough to dazzle, I think you have a hardware battery faullt. Take it back.

Guest simonta
I fixed the 216 CPU issue with CPUBoost, seems to have coincided with that.

Uninstall CPU Boost. It could well be this, and of course, overclocking is going to seriously affect your battery life, especially if you're pushing it. Remove any overclock, reset the battery stats and see if that does it. The Vega is capable of about 8 hours. 5 hours with a heavy overclock sounds about right to me.

Guest Bunjit

Uninstall CPU Boost. It could well be this, and of course, overclocking is going to seriously affect your battery life, especially if you're pushing it. Remove any overclock, reset the battery stats and see if that does it. The Vega is capable of about 8 hours. 5 hours with a heavy overclock sounds about right to me.

Thanks Simonta, I have removed it, I was only using it to monitor, and did not overclock past 1200, but better to be safe eh.

I think all this may have been a blessing in disguise. I was loving Vegacomb, but every issue you could have with it, I had:

• Force close on boot
  • CPU Slow down to 216
  • Iffy battery (216 and sort life)
  • Wifi not reconnecting after re-boot

So I went for a completely fresh install, formatting and deleting everything I could. Installed VC, but had lots of force close issues.

So installed VC again, straight over the top (not sure if this is right, spose i shoud l have gone back to stock, then v2, ?)

But it's flippin zippy now with each of the four issues above no longer occurring! Testing battery again today, but so far looks loads better.

Cheers for the tips! :)

Update: Streaming (youtube) video over wifi greedily eats into the battery life and heats the device up at the back, but general use seems OK.

On reboot at 60%, the battery goes down to 20%, so Ill try the charge to full - wipe - drain - charge and see if that fixes it.

Edited by Bunjit