Cannot find a solution to my BSOD issues!

Guest downcows

Guest downcows

Hello ladies and gents, was wondering if you could give me a hand with my vega issues.

I seem to have probs running custom roms. I always get the black screen when rebooting after the install. This started happening intermittently while running Corvus5. Official ROMS always install ok and run ok. This is what I have done so far:

Flash stock rom - 1.10,1.06, 1.02 etc

Then install CWM easy install version 3.xx

I then copy custom rom to my SD card reboot into recovery

clear cache, dalvik, user data and choose the ROM and start flash process

always completes fine but wont boot into OS

Very rarely it will boot into OS

Tried diff SD card as well

I have downloaded different roms, checked file sizes, installed using install-windows.bat to take CWM out of the equation.

Something I have done is disconnected the camera from the mainboard to MOD the cable to add internal USB device. Does the camera board also control the accelerometer? I have noticed I have to turn off "auto rotate" to get the screen to display the right way up. Also does the OS try and load camera drivers or check for the camera at start up? Thought this might be a cause? I can't just through the cable back in at the mo until i've modded the cable.

Oh yeah also downloaded vega tool 3.0 with the BSOD fix to see if that helped which it didn't. Done a lot of googling and reading around but not found a fix yet.

Anyway thought i'd get your thoughts as i'm nearly out of ideas.

Cheers,Dave

Guest xathras

I seem to have probs running custom roms. I always get the black screen when rebooting after the install. This started happening intermittently while running Corvus5. Official ROMS always install ok and run ok. This is what I have done so far:

Have you tried the modded stock ROM yet? My advice would be to find something (any ROM) that works and put your hardware back the way it was. If that fixes your problem then you will at least know that it's a hardware issue and not firmware related. When problem solving anything only change one variable at a time.

http://android.modac...edstock-110-v2/

Edited by xathras

Guest downcows

Hi there, yes I have tried the modded stock ROM v1, not tried v2 yet. That goes on fine. I am putting the cable back in when I get home and then flashing again.

Fingers are crossed as i'm loving the Corvus5 ROM.

Cheers, Dave

Have you tried the modded stock ROM yet? My advice would be to find something (any ROM) that works and put your hardware back the way it was. If that fixes your problem then you will at least know that it's a hardware issue and not firmware related. When problem solving anything only change one variable at a time.

http://android.modac...edstock-110-v2/