annoying noise - help please

Guest tonydl

Guest tonydl

Hello,

I have a huge problem with my new LG 2x. I installed CM7 and everything went fine and I was quite happy about my new phone. Then I called someone and he complained about my terrible voice quality. Acutally it's not the voice qualitity, he can hear me clear but there's this static "signal checking" noise in the background - like when a phone is getting a call and lying next to your speakers. (I don't know if there is an English word for?).

I testet all basebands with it's corresponding RILs, the problem occured with all of them. Then I noticed that he can hear me perfectly when I put my speaker on while calling.

Now I went back to Stock with NVFlash on 10b - and updated via the LG update software to 10c (it game together with baseband 0405) - still there was this noise. I tried all basebands again - it seems to be better on 0503 ONLY. Still no great audio quality but at least not this noise.

Do you have any idea what I can do now? Is my device broken? It's really unuseable this way.. and I heard that most people are able to use CM7 with the newer basebands (0503, 0622) - am I the only one who is not?

I'm on O2 Germany on 2G (can't get more than EDGE here) if that matters.

I really hope you can help me frown.gif

I love this device but I need to make calls with a goddamn phone... frown.gif

Thanks in advance,

tony

Guest kruppin

I'm also having this problem.. I didn't on froyo roms (atleast people didn't complain then). But on both CM7 and Gr1 I have this. Haven't tried a froyo rom for some time though.

It's like the mic is picking up everything TOO good.. The background is very loud. And when a mic is picking everything up this much, there can be feedback, which is what the people I talk to hear. If you try holding the phone in a different way, the feedback can disappear, but the mic still picks the background up as good as myself. Very annoying. It's like the filters that should remove background noice is on reverse. :P

i have the same problem ... bad speaker reception problem ... i think its hardware related.

I have it too. It seems to be worst when using CM7 or GRx. With FRx it still exists but the noise is not so loud.

Guest tonydl

Wow looks like I am not alone.

Ah it sucks - I really love the hardware... but now I am not sure if I should keep the 2x. But there are no real alternatives with this specs for this price...

I wrote a mail to the LG support - we'll see....

Guest Ferrum Master

Tried to lower earpiece volume?

Does anything change if you are using headset with external microphone?

Alternative? Galaxy R ahem, khe khe(cough)...

Edited by Ferrum Master

Guest tonydl

Tried to lower earpiece volume?

Does anything change if you are using headset with external microphone?

An external mic works perfectly - but I dont want to use an external mic all the time, of course.

Lowering the volume changes nothing though.

Guest tonydl

Same here. BB502 works fine, but then again there's others problems. When some ppl call I cant here them at all :-\ Wierd.

Does it even work with CM7? Then I might try it again with different RILs - I had the recommended RIL installed and got this "bug". LG offered to send my phone to them but I don't know - does anyone have good/bad experiences with the LG support?

Guest Fredisco

I got exactly the same problem, so does a friend with both his two O2X. We couldn't find a working Radio+RIL for the CM or the MoDaCo GR1/2.

I wrote a bit about it here:

http://android.modaco.com/topic/343750-28-jul-gr2-alpha-modaco-custom-rom-for-the-lg-optimus-2x-with-online-kitchen-new-custom-kernel/page__st__460__p__1771834#entry1771834

..and here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=15752985&postcount=161

..It's almost like the O2X have some kind of noise cancelling, but it's disabled in the Gingerbread ROMs.:(

Guest tonydl

I got exactly the same problem, so does a friend with both his two O2X. We couldn't find a working Radio+RIL for the CM or the MoDaCo GR1/2.

I wrote a bit about it here:

http://android.modac...34#entry1771834

..and here:

http://forum.xda-dev...5&postcount=161

..It's almost like the O2X have some kind of noise cancelling, but it's disabled in the Gingerbread ROMs.:(

Thanks for the links - seems like a similar problem, yeah. And there doesn't seem to be a solution - but somehow it doesn't affect all people, does it?

Maybe I can get a new phone from LG which is working better ...

Guest kruppin

Thanks for the links - seems like a similar problem, yeah. And there doesn't seem to be a solution - but somehow it doesn't affect all people, does it?

Maybe I can get a new phone from LG which is working better ...

Yeah, I do think it's affecting all people, it's just that some doesn't care. And some maybe are running some other BB and RIL configuration.. Anyway, like some other guy said, it's like the noice cancellation is not working, or even working but opposite and making the background loud like f*ck.

So I think sending it in is a waste of time, but I could ofc be wrong.

Have anyone tried the GB BB and RIL on Gr1? Is it the same then?

Anyway, haven't that much use for gingerbread yet, so getting back to fr19. Can't live with people not hearing me in loud enviroment. And if Paul updates the kernel even more, Fr19(20) will be just wonderful until LG releases a full GB ROM. :)

Edited by kruppin