[GEN2] CAE 2.2 Froyo

Guest Sami Beck

Guest Sami Beck

Hello,

This rom is for 'Gen2' ZTE Blades only. If you have a Gen1 phone (sold with Android 2.1 Eclair), then you'll need to use the a TPT install (by wbaw) to upgrade your radio firmware to 'Gen2'. If you're unsure, then ask Mr Pigfish. You need to use ClockworkMod 3 to install this.

I've been impressed/satisfied by most froyo ROMS, but I find myself often having to tweak things to get the ROM to match the performance/ I like. Because of this, I've decided to share with you the ROM I use on my phone. It's a modified version of the ZTE generic 2.2 updates.This is aimed at people looking for a stable ROM that also boasts performance.

I'm having issues with the root this should be fixed in the next version but until then I will be unable to post screen shots!

Why did you use Froyo as a base?

I feel gingerbread is still new to the blade and although I do hope to upgrade CAE to gingerbread I cant see it being anytime soon. I also feel as this is "stable" ROM froyo was the most reliable base.

Why should I use this ROM as opposed to the newer Swedish Spring or CyanogenMod 7?

I have kept this ROM as simple as possible, but also looked at using apps which I think improve performance which neither of the above have considered such as Launcher Pro and the Softbank kernel.

Are there any major bugs?

As stated above im having issues with the Root of the device and of course the wifi disconnecting issue is present.

What else is included in CAE?

All your favourite stock apps.

Launcher Pro

Using the new softbank kernel.

What do you want to add to CAE in future versions?

*Long List*

Fully Working Root

New Theme

New Boot Animation

New Version Of Kernel

Make it 2.3.x

Add More Apps.

This is a work in progress and I take all views into account positive or negative, I ask if you try the ROM you rate it and leave a comment with feedback ;)

I also wish to thank HCDRJacob, Wbaw, PARTAYDan and JimJam707 without these guys, this page would never exist.

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire...zn3a4a2ytnc9t9n

Changelog-

V 1.0

Added Softbank Kernel

Added Launcher Pro

Change Default Background

Edited by Sami Beck

Guest TheManicGibbon

Sounds interesting smile.gif

If you've made a ROM I'm going to assume you have the Android SDK installed, you can run ddms.bat from the SDK which will let you take screenshots from Windows while your phone is plugged in. Here is a tutorial that shows you exactly how to do it if you're not sure.

Hope this helps.

Guest KonstaT

I take this is based on the Swedish/Danish generic update.

Now that you're using the softbank boot.img it shouldn't be too hard to get the root working. I just typed the needed stuff to TheManicGibbons thread earlier today.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

I can't seem to find su in system/bin in cyanogenmod 7 ?

CM7 keeps it in /system/xbin/. You also need to edit updater-script to give su correct permissions.

Guest Sami Beck

CM7 keeps it in /system/xbin/. You also need to edit updater-script to give su correct permissions.

Can you explain in more detail what has to be changed?

Guest Sami Beck

I thought, Swedish Spring had a softbank kernel version present already! It's in the first post, I could be wrong.

It does have a optional version, But I feel basic users might not be comfortable changing kernel therefore I have added It too my ROM.