CM7 and HTC Sense?

Guest Christo0908

Guest Christo0908

I was just thinking, how easy would it be to put HTC Sense into CM7? Would it be complicated? would it work? I mean, HTC put it into stock Android and CM7 is essentially stock Android, or am I thinking too far outside the box here?

P + L

Guest dreamdealer

I was just thinking, how easy would it be to put HTC Sense into CM7? Would it be complicated? would it work? I mean, HTC put it into stock Android and CM7 is essentially stock Android, or am I thinking too far outside the box here?

P + L

maybe when sense becomes open source it might be possible but at the moment as far as I am aware its not.

Guest longy92

maybe when sense becomes open source it might be possible but at the moment as far as I am aware its not.

Yeah I'm pretty sure HTC have it kept to themselves. Why can't you just get another ROM? There are plenty of ones with new Sense over on XDA...

Guest Christo0908

I'm perfectly fine with running other ROMs, I've looked through everything, just CM7 is a personal favourite, it just lacks Sense, I'm currently running LeeDroid, maybe it'll be possible when they release the Open Sense SDK. For now I'll stick with CM7, I wonder if it'll ever be possible to Dual Boot OS and get the best of both CM7 and a Sense ROM, a man can dream.... :D

P + L

Guest longy92

I'm perfectly fine with running other ROMs, I've looked through everything, just CM7 is a personal favourite, it just lacks Sense, I'm currently running LeeDroid, maybe it'll be possible when they release the Open Sense SDK. For now I'll stick with CM7, I wonder if it'll ever be possible to Dual Boot OS and get the best of both CM7 and a Sense ROM, a man can dream.... :D

P + L

You'd need a pretty powerful device with a lot of space! Well I'm using Reflex S as you can see from my sig and I really really like it. I love Sense 2.1, so much better than what was with FroYo, which I think was 1.9. And being able to use htcsense.com is quite good too, can lock my device when my friends are messing with it to confuse them and make them think they broke it :P

Guest Christo0908

Surely there must be a way to dual boot using the SD card with the right partition?

Ye Sense 2.1 and the ability to use htcsense.com is brilliant on the custom ROMs, surely it shows what the devs are capable of compared to HTCs devs that get paid to do what the community does for free and donations!

P + L

Guest InsaneNutter

Just flash the MIUI rom, that is like CM7 combined Sense, then a lot more! - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=957291

After using Miui for a day I could never go back to Sense, switched 5 months ago and never looked back :)

As for your dual boot question I have never done it, however have a read of this: http://lifehacker.com/5826050/how-to-dual-boot-multiple-roms-on-your-android-phone

Guest Christo0908

That's an interesting looking app, anyone who reads this thread ever used it before? I may just try it out if there's been any success stories for it, I tried MIUI once, I don't know why I stopped using it tbh because I really liked the look of it.

I'll try it in a couple of days and post my results for anyone interested.

P + L

Guest Sami Beck

P + L

Sense is a bitch it isnt just one file, its basically the whole ROM making a port hard/impossible.

• 1 month later...