Can't get into Nvflash? Possible solution

Guest robblue2x

Guest robblue2x

I spent about ten minutes doing the 'hold back for 2 seconds, hold power for 2 seconds, wait 2 seconds then release back" sequence, It's always been a pain to try to get it to work for me.

Anyway I had a suspicion that the tablet wasn't powering off fully and so not booting into Nvflash mode at all.

The solution is to take out the four screws on the back, pop off the cover, unplug the battery, wait a few seconds, then replug it and then try the button sequence.

It only takes 2 minutes to take the back off.

Hope this helps someone.

Guest kinobe

LOL - that's a little extreme ! Just hold the power button for about 10 seconds and you should be off - even if it looks off already. Unless of course it comes on, in which case you were off anyway :P So keep holding until it's off again ...

If you're having trouble with NV Flash mode I just posted a new topic on my experiences here - works almost every time for me.

Kinobe

Edited by kinobe

Guest Bazabaza

you have to have power connected, but it helps if you take out the power, let the blue light go out, then reconnect the power and try again. Doing this its almost 90% effective first time.

Guest kinobe

you have to have power connected, but it helps if you take out the power, let the blue light go out, then reconnect the power and try again. Doing this its almost 90% effective first time.

It doesn't seem to make any difference with my vega whether power is connected or not. Makes me think that there are different revisons models of the standard vega, as experiences vary quite a bit.

Guest BillyBobJoe

I always use a method suggested by nVidia.

shut down tablet by holding down the power button for over 6 seconds.

remove the power cable.

hold down the back button.

whilst holding down the back button reconnect the power cable.

continue holding the back button down for a couple of seconds.

you should be in nvflahs mode.

I use this method whenever I have trouble.

encouraging people to remove the covers from their tablets is a bit remiss as this would invalidate warrenties potentially causing further problems.

Billy..