BB Conversion?

Guest WakeRider89

Guest WakeRider89

Ok so I've tried figuring this out on my own for about 2 weeks now and to no avail I have hit dead end after dead end. I'm running StreakDroid 1.9.1 on BB 318. I've heard BB 351 is faster and better with gps lockon so thats been my current direction. If anyone can enlighten me on how to update this it would be much appreciated!!!

Guest cdzo72

I'm gonna take for granted you know a little about flashing if you already have 1.9.1 on your Streak... before it was widely done by just booting into fastboot and flashing the amss.mbn file which you can easily find in the forums with some searching... BUT with some advice from TheManii and from personal experience from following his advice its better to do what I am about to describe:

Flash the original recovery.img through fastboot

Download the 351 update.pkg from the Dell Wiki (you can also find the recovery.img there)

Boot into the stock Dell recovery and choose to flash the update.pkg you downloaded and put on your external SD car

Boot into stock recovery again and select option 1 for factory reset and let it boot... yeah it will take a while

You don't need to input any info once in.stock 351 ROM

Boot into.fastboot again and flash Streakmod recovery and immediately boot into recovery (if you let it boot into Android itneill overwrite Streakmod)

Go into Streakmod recovery and choose to flash the 1.9.1 update.zip

Now youll have the 351 baseband and all the other updated files that the 351 update had to offer

Whole process sshould take about an hour