HANNSpree HANNSpad 10.1" - £150.99 inc from Best Buy UK

Guest PaulOBrien

So i've been toying with picking up a HANNSpad for a while, it seems a decent price for a tablet with 16GB built in, especially if you get one with the 'good screen' (apparently there are 2 different screen types).

The cheapest place online is eBuyer, which sells the device for £159.99 with free 5 day delivery. The tablet is also available at Best Buy UK, for £249.99 with free delivery (next working day ish). BUT, Best Buy have a policy whereby they will price match and refund 10% of the difference, so I have just bought one for £159.99 - £9 price match difference = £150.99! :D

The process is pretty simple...

• Create yourself an account at the Best Buy UK website (this will speed the phone process)
  • Call 0800 380 00 00 and selection option 3 for a new purchase
  • Tell them you want to price match model code SN10T1 with eBuyer.com, where the quickcode is 271191 (they will view it online to validate)

That's it! They'll process the order for you and confirm the delivery date.

Sadly you can't claim Quidco cashback this way, although perhaps if you click through from Quidco before phoning then raise a claim with the order number later it might work? :)

P

So i've been toying with picking up a HANNSpad for a while, it seems a decent price for a tablet with 16GB built in, especially if you get one with the 'good screen' (apparently there are 2 different screen types).

The cheapest place online is eBuyer, which sells the device for £159.99 with free 5 day delivery. The tablet is also available at Best Buy UK, for £249.99 with free delivery (next working day ish). BUT, Best Buy have a policy whereby they will price match and refund 10% of the difference, so I have just bought one for £159.99 - £9 price match difference = £150.99! :D

The process is pretty simple...

• Create yourself an account at the Best Buy UK website (this will speed the phone process)
  • Call 0800 380 00 00 and selection option 3 for a new purchase
  • Tell them you want to price match model code SN10T1 with eBuyer.com, where the quickcode is 271191 (they will view it online to validate)

That's it! They'll process the order for you and confirm the delivery date.

Sadly you can't claim Quidco cashback this way, although perhaps if you click through from Quidco before phoning then raise a claim with the order number later it might work? :)

P

too bad i dont live in uk :(

Thank you Paul.

Guest Johnston411

Stock can be rooted with superoneclick or z4root (only tried z4root myself though) and roebeet has compiled a cwm recovery for it which seems to be working well.

There is one custom Rom for it over at slatedroid (tnt lite) which is an improvement on stock but the gsensor is not quite right

Gtab and notion ink roms run on it but in general the hardware home, back and menu don't work and the volume buttons are back to front. The gsensor/screen orientation doesn't work or work correctly on them either be it froyo or honeycomb.

Edited by Johnston411

Guest Johnston411

And arcee is working on a CyanogenMod 7 port :)

Was tempted to try one of the harmony cm7 ports but not gotten around to it yet.

Anyone tried it on the hannspad?

I think the ports at the moment are specifically for the smb-A1002 and smb-A1004's. The hannspad is smb-A1007 so i'd guess the hardware still wouldn't function quite as it should

Guest Simon O

The Hannspad is the Malata A1011 which arcee has code for in cyanogenmod. It's not in nightlies yet so could be that the port isn't fully working yet.

Guest Ozz69

After reading this I contacted Ebuyer and Best Buy to check the model number they were selling.

Ebuyer responded straight away and it is the 53.

Had to call Best Buy and they could not tell me!

So Ebuyer get the business......

Guest aleckxander

does anyone know some ebayer that sends oversea (italy) a '53' serial Hannspad for something like <200€ ? ;)

after the "top pick" named "orange san francisco" i'd like to try this tablet since i can see the same future for this device, let's see if i'm right lol :)

Edited by aleckxander

Guest simonamc

does anyone know some ebayer that sends oversea (italy) a '53' serial Hannspad for something like <200€ ? ;)

after the "top pick" named "orange san francisco" i'd like to try this tablet since i can see the same future for this device, let's see if i'm right lol :)

This german site was posted on another forum, hope it helps

http://www.alternate.de/html/product/HANNspree/HANNSpad_16GB_25,7_%2810,1%29/810968/?

Guest alpha232

Hey Paul, i'm the same alpha232 that's been on slatedroid porting some roms to the Hannspad, if you want to know anything feel free to ask/pm and i'll try to help best i can.

Glad someone with more "oomph" than me will be working on it as well now, bit gutted since i've just released a new rom as well :P

Edit: too bad hannspree are unwilling to part with the kernel source though :(

Edited by alpha232

Guest Loccy

Just to give you all fair warning if you're buying from ebuyer - regardless of what they're saying, I got a 1633 model. If they're guaranteeing 1653s then either they're lying, or they've offloaded the 1633s onto people like me and have only 1653s left. Nevertheless, my own thought is that you'll take pot luck. My 1633 has pretty awful screen angles, truth be told - enough to put the device in the "toy" bracket rather than the primary device bracket.

Guest aleckxander

This german site was posted on another forum, hope it helps

http://www.alternate...0,1%29/810968/?

Amazing prize! Anyway i think that they don't send outside germany :\ sadly :\ i could even try to find a contact in germany, but how can i ask the site if they are shipping the newer screens? :\ Quite complicated.

By the way i'll keep an eye around and tell you if i find a shop with international shipping :)

Guest fireymango

That's interesting with the screen. Are you guys positive about the screen being different in each model? Someone in a german forum denied anything of such and means the screens are equal. There some thing i noticed with my 33 model that when i use my tab in reversed landscape then i can see the screen while tab rest on its back other way around i cant see sh#t.

Guest fireymango

Amazing prize! Anyway i think that they don't send outside germany : sadly : i could even try to find a contact in germany, but how can i ask the site if they are shipping the newer screens? : Quite complicated.

By the way i'll keep an eye around and tell you if i find a shop with international shipping

I think they do have the newer screens in stock as some user in germany got the tab

Amazing prize! Anyway i think that they don't send outside germany :\ sadly :\ i could even try to find a contact in germany, but how can i ask the site if they are shipping the newer screens? :\ Quite complicated.

By the way i'll keep an eye around and tell you if i find a shop with international shipping :)

some users from a dutch forum orderd from there (so yeah they do ship internationally) and they recieved the 1633 version and someone even got the older 1623 version.

i bought this device for 170 euro from a site in the netherlands which is a bargain imo, i have the 1633 version and dont have much complaints..

correct me if im wrong but for the sensor/buttons to work on gingerbread/honeycomb we need the kernel source ?

Edited by fuku

Guest bhups

My order from E-Ebuyer is also set to arrive on 8th Monday.

I was soooo eager to get my hands on it, that I went to the ParcelForce office to grab it off them today!

Unfortunately they said they cannot give it to me as it's still being sorted for Delivery on Monday. DAMN!

Anyhow, I will let you guys know what version I get, but usually with my luck, I might end up with a 1633.

BTW, This forum rocks!

Guest gazbert

I have the 53 as well. The screen only really washes out when you move your point of view too far to the left. Otherwise it's great. I can handle that one minor issue given the price and performance.

I would like to see Honeycomb but I'm still pretty happy even if it never gets it.

Hey Paul, i'm the same alpha232 that's been on slatedroid porting some roms to the Hannspad, if you want to know anything feel free to ask/pm and i'll try to help best i can.

Glad someone with more "oomph" than me will be working on it as well now, bit gutted since i've just released a new rom as well :P

Edit: too bad hannspree are unwilling to part with the kernel source though :(

Someone needs to kick some ass on that then, the kernel source release isn't optional!

P