GT540 dead boot and warranty

Guest H3llT0uCh

Guest H3llT0uCh

So my gt540 bricked. It doens't respond to anything.

No download mode or anything.

I had the phone with Android 2.1 TMN Official + root + app2sd

And since it was totaly bricked I sent it to warranty.

But today I recived the response, saying that it's not under warranty :/

My question is:

Since they got it to fix it, i guess they have put the boot again right?

And I it turn on now, I can fix it by kdz update :)

So they really had to put the boot or not?

Regards.

Sorry for any bad english :/

Guest chunkylover2321

No they can't, they take out the mainboard and connect that bored to a box which is connected to a computer. Search for Medusa Box or RIFF Box on google images and you will see how it works. Some mobile phone shops have these devices and can unbrick the phones for you but it still costs. To my knowledge the fault comes from flashing the mobile phones BIOS, like that on a computer.

Meaning you're not actually flashing the software but the hardware, you are changing how the hardware communicates with the software which is why phones like the lg gt540 are a high risk to bricking.

Best thing to do is take it to a mobile phone shop and see if they can unbrick it otherwise you're phone can't do nothing. It's just an exspensive brick, which is why its called "bricking".

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Guest H3llT0uCh

No they can't, they take out the mainboard and connect that bored to a box which is connected to a computer. Search for Medusa Box or RIFF Box on google images and you will see how it works. Some mobile phone shops have these devices and can unbrick the phones for you but it still costs. To my knowledge the fault comes from flashing the mobile phones BIOS, like that on a computer.

Meaning you're not actually flashing the software but the hardware, you are changing how the hardware communicates with the software which is why phones like the lg gt540 are a high risk to bricking.

Best thing to do is take it to a mobile phone shop and see if they can unbrick it otherwise you're phone can't do nothing. It's just an exspensive brick, which is why its called "bricking".

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Yes, i know what are the RIFF Box, and JTAG system.

But when they connect it, they don't have to put the boot do to anything else? To see what went wrong?

Guest despotovski01

So my gt540 bricked. It doens't respond to anything.

No download mode or anything.

I had the phone with Android 2.1 TMN Official + root + app2sd

And since it was totaly bricked I sent it to warranty.

But today I recived the response, saying that it's not under warranty :/

My question is:

Since they got it to fix it, i guess they have put the boot again right?

And I it turn on now, I can fix it by kdz update :)

So they really had to put the boot or not?

Regards.

Sorry for any bad english :/

Well, if the "put the boot on it", it could be fixed. If it boots in any way, it could be fixed.

Guest chunkylover2321

They know what went wrong as soon as they see that the flash version is not the same as their version. its at that point LG can "refuse to fix the phone" as with all mobile phone companies. Soon as they find out your warrenty is voided. If they have put the boot loader on it and that is a big if, then yes you can repair it but chances are they would have refused to fix it as the phone has been tampered with. They won't do anything.

Guest H3llT0uCh

The denial of warranty was because my battery :/ it had a litle scratch near the contacts. So they want 30€+vat to a new one :/

A note: The cellphone was send to the service provider(TMN Portugal), not to LG!

I hope they get it fixed fast.