NavFree Not downloading maps.

Guest cls

Hi

I have found recently that Navfree was not downloading the maps as I was looking for an app that didn't need to connect via a network. I downloaded BTGPS locater and then found a free copy of igo, I installed the app then BTGPS locator, switched on the locator and started it . Then went into igo and started igo . Simple and a very good app as it is quite up to date with maps. It works by accessing the maps on the microsd card, can change icons from pointer to car, cycle, person for different modes like walking. can change voices, updates your location if you take the wrong way and plots a new course. Also it warns if you are above the speed limit for the road but this can be switched off. A good feature is either the 3D view or just map view.

I don't know how this compares with other Satnav apps but it is quite usuable for me. I hope this helps some people. I don't know whether I could upload the app to a neutral site for more to use. it's total size is around 350mb. If anyone has any suggestions please ask for mutual access.

Colin

Guest simonta

Hi

I have found recently that Navfree was not downloading the maps as I was looking for an app that didn't need to connect via a network. I downloaded BTGPS locater and then found a free copy of igo, I installed the app then BTGPS locator, switched on the locator and started it . Then went into igo and started igo . Simple and a very good app as it is quite up to date with maps. It works by accessing the maps on the microsd card, can change icons from pointer to car, cycle, person for different modes like walking. can change voices, updates your location if you take the wrong way and plots a new course. Also it warns if you are above the speed limit for the road but this can be switched off. A good feature is either the 3D view or just map view.

I don't know how this compares with other Satnav apps but it is quite usuable for me. I hope this helps some people. I don't know whether I could upload the app to a neutral site for more to use. it's total size is around 350mb. If anyone has any suggestions please ask for mutual access.

Colin

iGo is not a free app so the copy you have is illegal. Please do not discuss illegal software here or post links to similar. This forum is frequented by devs, several of whom are key members of the community. You will not win friends by encouraging software theft.

Thank you.

iGo is not a free app so the copy you have is illegal. Please do not discuss illegal software here or post links to similar. This forum is frequented by devs, several of whom are key members of the community. You will not win friends by encouraging software theft.

Thank you.

The copy I have is not an illegal copy. I purchased it myself

Guest simonta

The copy I have is not an illegal copy. I purchased it myself

Then you have my sincere apologies. I have obviously mis-interpreted

found a free copy of igo

Sorry.